Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A5 Wifi Calling missing option

mmuggeri
2: Seeker

I am totally frustrated owner of a new Samsung A5 (2017) phone purchased from Vodafone store on Red plan.

It was purchased specifically as I need Wifi Calling due to poor signal strength indoors.

Despite at least 10 calls over 2 weeks to tech support and visits to Store, nobody is able to enable the option on the Phone, and I get conflicting information from almost everyone (including insistance the phone doesnt support though the website clearly states it does).

The Phone app settings menu does NOT have the option to enable it displayed.

Can anyone suggest how to fix it ? 

Latest suggestion was I contact Samsung directly, given this is a device supplied by Vodafone I find this galling at best.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DENISSPRAGUE
Yes, I did get mine working. Thanks

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

You need to activate correct APN settings.

Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks  - Access Points Names - ADD

Name - Contract WAP

APN - wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy - not set

Port - Not set

Username - wap

Password - wap

Server - http://www.vodafone.co.uk?cid=VOD-HOM-001

MMSC  - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servelets/mms

MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12

MMS Port - 8799

MCC - 234

MNC - 15

Authentication Type  - PAP

APN - default

APN protocol - IPv4

APN roaming protocol- IPv4

Leave the remaining 4 settings as they are. Then press 3 dots and save the added APN

Then select the added APN and restart the phone. WI FI calling will appear once new APN embeds and gets registered. I did this on my phone after Factory Reset and Wi Fi calling option appeared afer about 40 minutes and when I go into APN settings the added APN is appearing as embedded thus if you click on it,  you can not change the settings apart from deleting it completely. Hope this helps

I bought my phone from Carphone Warehouse and was told by VF tech support that mean't WiFi calling was impossible. But it wasn't.  The option is a bit buried in the phone settings menu but it was there and it works well !

Hi David,

How did you do it please? I'm in the same position - bought from Carphone Warehouse and told by Vodafone support they can't do it.

Thanks!

John1956
4: Newbie
I am on my second A5 and no WiFi calling yet.

John1956
Just succeeded, on about the 20th attempt at 191 I was put through to a guy called Karim in technical support. He sent out something to the phone, I had to turn off and turn it back on and there it was. Karim admitted that it was tricky.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@John1956 Great news!

Thanks for letting us know. :smileyhappy:

Hi .

Exactly the same issue. Brand new A5 2017 bought directly from Vodafone on the red plan.

Wi Fi Calling option is missing in the settings menu. Spoken to the tech team at least 10 times and had the phone replaced . Still no wifi calling option.

This is the magic we all dream of...

Tech team how can you replicate what Karim did and tell all your team so I can call and not just get runaround ?

Hi . Have you managed to activate yours. 

Mine is finally working after a month of calling and emailing tech support

John1956
I think it depends on who you get on the tech team. Vodafone should circulate new instructions on how to do it.