Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A5 Wifi Calling missing option

mmuggeri
2: Seeker

I am totally frustrated owner of a new Samsung A5 (2017) phone purchased from Vodafone store on Red plan.

It was purchased specifically as I need Wifi Calling due to poor signal strength indoors.

Despite at least 10 calls over 2 weeks to tech support and visits to Store, nobody is able to enable the option on the Phone, and I get conflicting information from almost everyone (including insistance the phone doesnt support though the website clearly states it does).

The Phone app settings menu does NOT have the option to enable it displayed.

Can anyone suggest how to fix it ? 

Latest suggestion was I contact Samsung directly, given this is a device supplied by Vodafone I find this galling at best.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DENISSPRAGUE
Yes, I did get mine working. Thanks

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mmuggeri

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi .

Exactly the same issue. Brand new A5 2017 bought directly from Vodafone on the red plan.

Wi Fi Calling option is missing in the settings menu. Spoken to the tech team at least 10 times and had the phone replaced . Still no wifi calling option.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VADIM10226

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Thanks. I have spoken to the team at 191 at least 10 times to no avail.

Filled in the form as you suggested

Had a phone call from Vodafone and the same thing was offered . We will send you a text with settings .Once applied Wi Fi Calling should be there.

Have not received anything

My Coversation with Vodafone support team:

u

Ritu C
 at 10:03, Mar 10:
May I please take the make and model of the handset ?

Vadim
 at 10:05, Mar 10:

Samsung A5 2017 model
Ritu C
 at 10:07, Mar 10:
Thank you

Ritu C
 at 10:09, Mar 10:
From the home screen, tap the Phone icon Tap More in the top right corner Tap Settings Scroll down to the bottom and tap the box for WiFi Calling Tap OK to confirm WiFi Calling is now enabled

Vadim
 at 10:10, Mar 10:

I do not have that option in the menu
Ritu C
 at 10:11, Mar 10:
Vadim, in this case the handset feature needs to be updated on the nearest Samsung or Vodafone store to enable the WIFI as it is already active from our end

Vadim
 at 10:13, Mar 10:

Is this a joke?
Vadim
 at 10:15, Mar 10:

What happened to the settings that were supposed to be sent to me?
Ritu C
 at 10:15, Mar 10:
Vadim, settings won't work until and unless the feature is available

Ritu C
 at 10:16, Mar 10:
I can certainly help you with the settings but it will require the feature that should be available to on or off

Vadim
 at 10:17, Mar 10:

Can the feature be activated in the shop only?
Vadim
 at 10:19, Mar 10:

The settings I am on about was meant to be sent in text format that I would then install on my phone
Ritu C
 at 10:19, Mar 10:
The settings you get are in text format but it will not work for you

Ritu C
 at 10:20, Mar 10:
As if you go to settings < there is no WIFI calling option availavle

Vadim
 at 10:20, Mar 10:

Ok . So what shall I do and why they will not work?
Ritu C
 at 10:21, Mar 10:
Shall I give you stores phone number so that you can check on call with them and if they can fix it there on call ?

Vadim
 at 10:22, Mar 10:

All of your colleagues I have spoken to previously told me that I need to receive and install this settings. Clearly it is not the case. How is it fixed in the shop?
Vadim
 at 10:23, Mar 10:

Do they need to upgrade the software?
Ritu C
 at 10:24, Mar 10:
Vadim, I have checked with my expert and we are just the network provider and wifi calling is the handset feature which needs to be updated. No text settings can set it up without talking to the technicians

Vadim
 at 10:26, Mar 10:

Ok . So how do I fix it then?
Ritu C
 at 10:26, Mar 10:
You have to take it to the Vodafone store or talk to the manufacturer that is Samsung customer care so that they can update this feature

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VADIM10226 - Did you email my team using the link Dane provided in his private message?

If so, please reply to the last email from us and we’ll look into this further.

Hi.

I did email the team using the link provided.

I was told that the settings will be sent to me in a form of a message and once installed will activate WiFi calling option in the phone menu.

No settings were received. So back to square one.

If you look at my post prior your colleague suggests that issue needs to be addressed by software update or can be fixed in the shop only

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VADIM10226 I can see our latest email to yourself was sent on 11 March.

If the steps given in this email didn't resolve this issue, please reply to our email. 

Hi, I am curious to know how others were finally able to get this resolved. I upgraded recently to the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) directly with Vodafone on a Red plan and do not have the wi-fi calling option in any of my menus. After several on-line chats and a trip to a Vodafone store, I have received confirmation that wi-fi calling is enabled on my account but no-one has been able to assist me in resolving the issue. I visited a Samsung store and was informed that it is a problem with the latest Vodafone updates not being compatible with the latest OS (the phone arrived with Android 6.0.1 installed), is this the case and if so how long do I need to wait for a fix to get wi-fi calling? This is incredibly fustrating as I have poor Vodafone signal at home and only stayed with Vodafone because they assumed me my upgraded device would support wi-fi calling. Thanks