Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activation code for smartwatch

Acidvenus
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have a one plus 6T, and just bought a Samsung watch sm-r805f. I seem to have everything set up but would like to turn on the virtual SIM feature so I can turn Bluetooth off.

When I go through the set up it says to contact my provider for either an activation code or a QR code but I can't seem to find anything in the Vodafone app to request a code.

Do I have to go to a store or call them?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It wouldn't harm to phone customer service to check.

The following link does not say your model of phone is compatible. 

" Does Samsung Galaxy Watch have 4G?

Yes. The Samsung Galaxy Watch has 4G. But it must be connected to a compatible Samsung phone on a Vodafone Pay monthly plan to use the 4G network."

I'll keep digging 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/brands/samsung/samsung-galaxy-watch 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Acidvenus 

If you have a Vodafone plan, to use the watch with your phone you will need the Vodafone One Number, that means you will need a plan that includes the watch or will need to pay an access fee that will enable the watch to use the allowances of data minutes and texts on your primary price plan.

I would suggest you contact Vodafone through the Customer Services channels, they will be able to make sure you are able to use the watch with your phone.

Also further information here:

Vodafone One Number 

Device Guides 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 

Thank you both for the replies. 

I didn't even think of it having an extra charge. I just assumed with the tiny amount of data it uses that would just come off my allowance. 

I'll have a look into it but not sure money is worth saving battery life that the Bluetooth uses. It's rare that my phone is away from me. 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Acidvenus 

To be honest I find that my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch which is connected to my Samsung Note 10+ 5G via Bluetooth is more than adequate.

I don't typically leave my phone anywhere as it does more than my watch will and the batteries are not too big in these watches and to be honest it does feel a little like Knight Rider with Michael talking to Kitt when taking or making calls using the watches speaker unless your using bluetooth headphones  / earphones :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.