main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Advanced calling & Messaging Number change

SOLVED
View solved solution
bazjohn11
10: Established

I sometimes use the advanced calling & Messaging to send chat message but about a week ago i changed my mobile number (not sim or phone just the number ) however the Advanced calling & messaging is still showing the old number when i send a chat message from the messages app when i send a text it shows up with my new number ,  how do i go about resetting my advanced calling and messaging to the new number 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm thinking the app is drawing the info from the SIM card @bazjohn11

When you changed your number with Vodafone are you still using the original SIM card ?

It's also possible the apps cookies and data is holding the original number. 

I'm not 100% sure but if this was me i'd be looking to clearing the system cache file if your using an android phone which typically is carried out by shutting down the phone and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache.

This does not delete your info like a factory reset does. 

With some phones in the Contacts App there will be a place to show your number. Does that show your new or old number. If the old number can you edit it  

In the About Phone section in the phones settings again does it show your original or new number. 

Another option if you are using the original SIM card would be to ask a Vodafone High street Store to perform a SIM Swap. 

And or back up and Factory Reset but do not use the back up when resetting up the phone at first to see if the number issue changes. If it does then it's the info in the back up you don't want to use. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View solution in original position

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
bazjohn11

it does not give me that option AnnS  and also not sure you can re download it from the play store I think it is part of the phone software it self 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

I'm thinking the app is drawing the info from the SIM card @bazjohn11

When you changed your number with Vodafone are you still using the original SIM card ?

It's also possible the apps cookies and data is holding the original number. 

I'm not 100% sure but if this was me i'd be looking to clearing the system cache file if your using an android phone which typically is carried out by shutting down the phone and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache.

This does not delete your info like a factory reset does. 

With some phones in the Contacts App there will be a place to show your number. Does that show your new or old number. If the old number can you edit it  

In the About Phone section in the phones settings again does it show your original or new number. 

Another option if you are using the original SIM card would be to ask a Vodafone High street Store to perform a SIM Swap. 

And or back up and Factory Reset but do not use the back up when resetting up the phone at first to see if the number issue changes. If it does then it's the info in the back up you don't want to use. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

View solution in original position

View more options
bazjohn11

done the reset bandofBrothers which seems to have fixed the issue but i now no longer have wifi calling does that mean it needs re seting at vodafone end ?

View more options
bazjohn11

still sending chat message very slow but they are sending in the end thanks for you help 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Your welcome @bazjohn11

In regards to Wi-Fi calling check in your online myvodafone that it's still turned On and customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and check too from.their end  

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

View more options