cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

After each android update on my pixel 3a, a vodaphone text tells me to update my settings manually?

gdh48k
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Can anyone tell me the steps I need to take?  Thanks in advance. 

This is the full text I receive:

It looks like you`ve swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn`t support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @gdh48k 

This question has been raised previously on the forum.   The text is always automatically generated when the phone has been updated or the SIM has been removed.

To stop any further messages if you are unable to download the updated settings text WEB to 40127, this will refresh your SIM on the network and the messages will stop.

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @gdh48k 

This question has been raised previously on the forum.   The text is always automatically generated when the phone has been updated or the SIM has been removed.

To stop any further messages if you are unable to download the updated settings text WEB to 40127, this will refresh your SIM on the network and the messages will stop.

Thanks Ann.  That helps.  And should I text WEB to 40127 on each subsequent android update too?

AnnS

Definitely @gdh48k .  You need to update the SIM on the network after each update, you will also receive the same configuration texts if you remove and reinsert the SIM.

Just follow this link > Check that your Access Point (APN) settings are correct