cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android 10 sky sports mobile not working any updates?

Scratchibum
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Like a few peopeple on here going round and round in circles with Vodafone trying to get Sky Sports mobile app working on Pixel 2 XL since Android 10 installation.  Still not getting anywhere and still missing out.  Any updates on this?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What has customer services advised you on this situation @Scratchibum 

May I ask what you've tried thus far to get the service working ?

It might be beneficial to have an online chat with the Vodafone Social Media Teams as they have Account Access.

The links to do this are Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have unistalled and reinstalled the app.  I have opted out of the sky sports app, (several times) and been sent a link to opt back in, which I have done but still come across the same problem.  Restarted my phone, checked daily for Sky Mobile app updates.  I have spoken to vodafone through chat and on the phone.  Last I heard (last week) it was going to a higher team who would email me (they haven't).  Dont know what else I can do, I'm cheesed off i'm missing out on the F1 and live football since the android 10 update.

It does sound from what you write that you have tried everything at your end.

You could send a bug report to the Sky app developer advising of the issues your facing after updating to the very new Android 10 software.

I'd expect a few of the app developers are catching up still to optimise their apps and deal with bug reports.

This isn't something Vodafone can resolve I'd expect as they do not control apps and software apart from testing it out to try and make sure it does not clash with their network services @Scratchibum 

I've not used a Pixel but may I assume you can't roll back the software update back to Android 9 ?

If you can't or it would mean something like a Custom Rom being downloaded onto the phone to get back to the previous firmware to make the rollback possible but that needs to be approached very cautiously then it's a waiting game for things to update I'm afraid.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Scratchibum 

This is indeed a Sky issue and the application needs to be updated by Sky.

I have found this link from Sky, understand it won't help with the problem https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-Sports-Mobile-TV-Android-10/td-p/3058797