main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Android 8 (Cubot X18 Plus) cannot send MMS (but can receive, and browse internet) on Vodafone (UK)

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi - I'm really struggling to get a Cubot X18 Plus (running stick Android 8.0.0) to send MMS messages - they just sit on 'sending' and nothing happens (and no subsequent messages get sent either).

I can reeceive MMS messages, and browse the web (with WiFI off)

Both my phones are on Vodafone (my other phone is Windows) and I've swapped the SIMs over and the problem remains on the Android so I'm pretty sure it's not SIM / Account related.

I've reset the APN settings to default. I've re-regeisted the phone onto the Vodafone network (on 4G, 3G, and 'use preferred'). I've tried creating a manual APN using the settings on the Vodafone site. I've tried sending camera photos, saved images (from incoming MMS, so presumably of an acceptable size / format), and also the animated GIFs that come with Android. None of these seem to resolve the problem.

I've rebooted the phone in between each change to settings. The only thing I haven't tried is a full reset of the phone (which I'd rather not do unless absolutely necessary).

Anyone else seen anything similar, or have any ideas?

Can anyone confirm if any of the APN settings specifically relate to MMS outbound (and not inbound and/or web browsing?)

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @PaulF707

I would suggest to contact customer service on 191 or Live Chat just to ask them to double check that MMS is provisioned on your Vodafone Account. 

Who supplied the phone to you may I ask ? ie Was it imported ?

Vodafone UK wouldn't be able to guarantee everything will work on an imported phone. 

I understand you want this working but when discussing MMS I do always suggest as alternatives to use WhatsApp, Viber, BBM or Facebook Messenger and good old email as these are free to use and they are not file size restricted like MMS is. 

The settings are in vodafone-apn-settings and in How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

@PaulF707 We'll be happy to check your services have MMS messages provisioned correctly to see if this at fault.

However, as @BandOfBrothers mentioned if the phone is imported there's no guarantee this function will work with the device on our network.

If you'd still like for us to check your MMS settings and provisions, please send us your details following the steps in this private message.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Thanks for the offer of help with the account / SIM, but the SIM card will send MMS messages fine from my other (Windows) phone, so I'm fairly sure it's a config issue with the Android phone.

If you are saying there is nothing that can be done with an imported phone, then I guess there is nothing more I can do.

I just can't understand how the settings will allow MMS receipt and Web Browsing, but not MMS sending - there must be one of the config options that this particular behaviour points to....

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

It's just something I've seen previously with imported phones @PaulF707

If the Apn Settings in the phone are spot on and your account is 100% provisioned and it won't work then that's that with an imported phone pretty much. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options