main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Android 9/Pie

4: Newbie

Link? I haven't seen anyone mention anything on twitter, Samsung forums or this forum, haven't recieved the update either, where did you get that info from? 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@omgitzmo wrote:

Is your note9 sim free or brought from Vodafone? 

Sim free bought directly from Samsung.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3: Seeker

When will this roll out to the X9 I just bought 2 of them

View more options
Highlighted

We've not been told anything just yet @allotment5W, sorry.

It would be best to just keep checking for updates for now. 

Blair

View more options

for samsung users you can check here as i do daily, every other uk network got it mid jan but we are still waiting, i am on the beta version and quite like most of it but because its beta some things i use figerpring access for dont work which is no biggy just a bug bare, im hoping dark mode works on the final release as i had to turn high contrast font on to read most things

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s9-plus/SM-G965F/VOD/

View more options

How are you getting the beta if your on Vodafone? 

View more options

downloaded it from an android forum im always on

View more options

Did you flash and overwrite the Vodafone firmware? Wouldn't that void warranty? Also can't risk bricking it. 

View more options

it was written for vodafone as my phone is network locked and its a pain to unlock so i just waited about a month into the beta release on the S9+ and a voda version showed up, i have always used the upgrad softwares from that site as its usually quicker than ota and hav had 2 devices in for warranty issues in the past that have been updated this way with no issue, i dont root the phone so it doesnt affect the counter thus not invalidating the warranty

View more options

Is there a link where I can install the beta on my vodafone s9 plus? If I install it, would I recieve the official update when it comes? 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Beta is closed and finished for the Samsung Galaxy s9 and s9+ @omgitzmo

It's a case of awaiting for the update showing up on your phones software update section.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I thought the beta was only for only unlocked phones? 

View more options

if i wasnt so impatient i wouldnt do a beta install again, it has halved the battery run time near enough and not all features are working properly as i belive it was aimed at the not for primary testing and the s9 as an after thought, also as said beta test is now closed, im not sure ill get the stable release any sooner as vodafone are really in control of that with their extra testing

View more options