Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android 9/Pie

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Just received the Pie update for my Huawei P20. Anything soecial I should look out for?

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

37 REPLIES 37

if i wasnt so impatient i wouldnt do a beta install again, it has halved the battery run time near enough and not all features are working properly as i belive it was aimed at the not for primary testing and the s9 as an after thought, also as said beta test is now closed, im not sure ill get the stable release any sooner as vodafone are really in control of that with their extra testing

Have you got Android 9 for your X9 yet?

Also any ideas why a good powerful phone like the X9 has been discontinued after only a few months

I recently had my phone (Note 😎 replaced via insurance because I broke it.

The new one is on old firmware Android 8, my old one had the update done to it earlier this year. I've had the new phone and been using it for 3 days now but I haven't had the update notification. When will I get the update or do I have to do something manually?

hrym
17: Community Champion

Your phone would normally update automatically, but you cando a manual check.   The option is usually in the About Phone section, which is (also usually) at the end of the main Settings menu.  There'll probably be a sub-menu for firmware.

Hi,

How did you get the phone's software to update? I have an S9+, have tried going through both Samsung Members App and checking for update through settings but so far neither have worked.

Kind regards

BandOfBrothers

The Samsung Members App is if a person is applying to join the beta programme which has now finished for s9 and s9+ owners.

You need to check in Settings > Software Update > Manual check.

It'll show there when it's been pushed out to your phone.

Create a back up and ensure your phone is over 50% battery and on wifi to stop a chunk of your mobile data being used.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Now seeing posts on the Samsung Community Forum from Vodafone UK users getting the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Link? I haven't seen anyone mention anything on twitter, Samsung forums or this forum, haven't recieved the update either, where did you get that info from?