Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android phone wont let me set up phone again

Loulou2205
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

'Google Play Services Has stopped' message continually pops up on my android after I have fatory reset the phone and wont let me continue past entering my name due to this message.I have factory reset,reboosted the phone about eight times but that message still pops up and thus can not get past entering my name to start up the phone again.What do I do??

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Loulou2205 

This will  be your phone from the website:  https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/phones/pay-as-you-go/imo/q2-plus

As you are having problems setting up the phone again and it is difficult to see what has happened, I would suggest you take the phone into a Vodafone Store where the store staff will be able to access your phone and help.  The repairs process is here: How do I book a device in for repair?

You have a 24 month warranty on the phone, and this should be something the store will take into account.  further info here:  Warranty

hrym

I'd normally start with clearing Google Play Service's cache and data, but I'd also expect this to have happened in the reset process.   Can we just check at what stage the problem is occuring?  Is it at initial login (ie when you're trying to add your Google account?) or later?

Its at the stage where I have either signed up to my wifi or data.I then choose if I want a password/pin- this is when the pop up is now continuously showing,it then lets me type a name for the phone to personalise apps so on so forth but once I try move on to the next stage of setting up, it doesnt let me. It then just stays on the stage where I can type my name with the pop either saying 'messages have stopped' or the main occuring pop up message is 'google play has stopped working.' This message gives two options,either try again or stop google play no matter which one I try, I still can not proceed.