Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android phone wont let me set up phone again

Loulou2205
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

'Google Play Services Has stopped' message continually pops up on my android after I have fatory reset the phone and wont let me continue past entering my name due to this message.I have factory reset,reboosted the phone about eight times but that message still pops up and thus can not get past entering my name to start up the phone again.What do I do??

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Loulou2205

Try going into your applications and scrolling down to Google Play, storage, clear data, clear cache. 

Unfortunately, I have already factory reset the phone. I now am facing the problem of not being able to continue the start up process as a pop up saying 'google play has stopped working' is preventing me to do so.Thus, I am unable to access my phone .Oddly enough, I am stillable to recieve calls,even though I have not finished the start up process but the normal call set up does not show and I am unable to end the call it would have to be from the other end.

BandOfBrothers

Its probable that Vodafone would need to send the phone away to be firmware flashed.

Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone to show its aesthetic condition and one of it turned On @Loulou2205 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

@BandOfBrothers, @AnnS Looking at the spec, this has a removable battery and I'm wondering whether the old battery-pull trick would be worth a try?   It's a long time since this was a recommended procedure and I can't remember whether you do it with the phone on or off.   Would it clear more than the reset does?  It sounds as though there's something hanging around in the cache that's blocking the full setup process and it's a question of how to clear that.   Would the system cache be accessible at this stage?   Have we suggested that already?

@Loulou2205Don't do anything until we have some answers to this.

AnnS

Good point there @hrym 

With all new phones being made sealed with a non removable battery just didn't think about the good old battery pull.  This was something I often did when I had an old Nokia that was constantly freezing, a battery pull with the phone turned on did the trick until the new freeze.

hrym

@Loulou2205What this involves is, with the phone turned on, taking the battery out.  When you put it back, the phone should be off and you then start as normal (as far as I remember).    Hang on to see if there's further advice.

hrym

A further thought: you'd need to be a bit careful, as interrupting the power supply on a smartphone can wraek havoc with the operating system.  You need to make sure it's not at a stage where it's writing critical files - so it would need to be done when the device is idle.

BandOfBrothers

What's the make and model @Loulou2205  of the phone ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The make is 'IMO Q2 plus'smartphone android.