Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android system webview

J-dog26
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On Monday evening I was using my phone as normal and then since Tuesday morning I haven't been able to use my phone apps like Gmail and any games apps I have on my phone. I researched on the internet that this has been a problem with other android users and found out some information on how to make it work but it doesn't seem to work for me. My android system webview has been disabled on version 77 and I am unable to enable this and I also can't install version 105 which is what other people say to do. I contacted Google yesterday about my problem but they just said the same thing and to also contact my phone manufacturer and tried to email Vodafone and my email bounced back hence why I am using this. Please can someone look into this or advise me what I can do so I can get my phone properly working again like it was on Monday evening. I also don't know why Google did this update or whatever it was to my android system webview and unable to help me. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I have that too.   Just updating Chrome seems to fix the problem with apps crashing, so do that and you should be fine.   If Webview re-enables, it should appear on the Google Play update list.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

I have that too.   Just updating Chrome seems to fix the problem with apps crashing, so do that and you should be fine.   If Webview re-enables, it should appear on the Google Play update list.

Thank you for your answer to my question and I will try this

I have just updated Google Chrome and this is now working