Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

App Malfunction /Unknown Bank Charge/Pure Hate

Boopy_Ben
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello (this is a rant)

So I'm supposed to turn off WiFi conecctivity to access the app, which I've done and managed to top up. However now all of a sudden I've gathered a pending charge of £1 from my bank account from you for no reason, and when trying to log into your app I'm greeted with the same screen I was when I first installed it, you want me to use my mobile data so you can find my information AGAIN!? This is ##~## ##~##, you charge me ##~## tonnes for even turning that ##~## on in the first place and now your taking money from my ##~## bank account and forgetting my free access to my own ##~## information through your ##~## app! 

I'm just so upset right now, it's more of a vent than a Q & A. 

Please let me know why your app forgot me, and if your gonna charge me to load it back up on mobile data. 

Then I want you to tell me all about this £1 charge and we will make sure it never happens again without my consent. 

I'm on pay as you go for a ##~## reason, so I don't get your scummy company stealing my cash monthly, only to go through this ##~##. 

Also the data rates are ##~## horrible if anyone other than a vdafone support worker reads this bile of text. 

Thanks for the help 

-Boop

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Totally understand and appreciate your disappointment with what’s happened @Boopy_Ben

If a person is on a particular tariff with no data allowance then there is a daily charge if data is accessed.

It is of course completely up to you as to what type of Payg Tariff you wish to use. 

May I ask which one your using ?

Maybe the Payg1 as described in this link along with the £1 charge > bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans.

You could speak with customer service on 191 or use Live Chat to explain what’s happened and they may return the funds as a Goodwill Gesture. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Boopy_Ben

The application is free to use, this won't use your data , you need to use mobile data for Vodafone to confirm your identity.

The £1.00 charge you are referrring to is a one off pre authorisation when registering a card in the application for the first time to check the card is still valid.  The £1.00 will be back into your account within 24 hours, probably sooner. 

If you do not see the £1.00 back into your account, or still have issues with your PAYG, please contact Customer Services by calling or using live chat or come back to the forum for help from the forum Team.

hrym

To clarify your first point, initial access and setup is via the mobile network for security.   You only need to do this once (and sometimes after updates).   Future access will be fine via wifi.   And, yes, the £1 is a pre-authorisation to verify the card and will drop out after 24 hours.