Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Application Tab Missing on Vodafone Smart N10 Model VFD 630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have only just noticed that the application tab at the bottom of the home screen is not appearing. I am trying to add the application " Clock " to my home screen. Reading the user manual on Page 9,states that you have to touch this tab to open all the apps ! The application tab is a circle with 6 dots in a 3x2 layout. I am wondering if this could be one of the reasons why the install system update of 94.69 MB can not take place. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Vodafone-Smart-N10-VFD630/td-p/2662933

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Peterpoos 

You mean the widgets, themes etc. Just touch the home screen in the middle, the widgets, themes and wallpapers will come up at the bottom of the screen and you will be able to select and add the clock widget. 

Also see device guides here: Device Guides 

edited to add:  This would not affect the software download.  If you are still unable to access the widget menu as a last resort you will need to back up and factory reset the phone, this will clear the phone of any bugs.

hrym

I think you're referring to the button for the app drawer.  Google have replaced this with an upwards swipe of the screen.   Start the movement above the level of the navigation controls or you'll get a different response.

Sorry for the delay in replying back to the helpful response messages. The problem has now been solved. This was from using the widget which refers to the home screen. I now have the white circle with 6 dots in the middle of the bottom row of apps. From this I was able to bring the clock app to the home screen. Thank you,if you took the time to try and help me with my minor problem. Now if the System update could be sorted out , I will be happy. This seems to have gone on for I don't know how long !  Let's hope that future updates will run smoothly.