Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apps Are Crashing on Note 8 After Latest Android Update

DavidShah
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Earlier my Note 8 was running Android N. Today I updated to latest Android O and now multiple app including MyVodaphone, Instagram and Spotify app are loading only a white blank screen on its start up and crashing after few secs when opened. How do I fix it??

Just a quick update guys! I uninstalled MyVodaphone and rest of apps that were not working and reinstalled latest version of them and it seem to be working just fine once again :Smiling: 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Where did you get the Oreo Firmware Update from ?

The Apps themselves maybe catching up with the new Oreo update @DavidShah

Also try a soft reboot by closingthe apps down and then turn the phone Off and On. 

Can you also check in your myApps section of the Play store to see if there are any updates pending. 

Also after a firmware update it can take a short while for the phone to index aka settling down. 

If there are No app updates yet then try clearing the cache of the data of the affected Apps and close them down then re launch them. 

You could also contact the Developers of the App usually within the app itself to send back a bug report. 

As a very last option create back ups and factory reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Something that cures a lot of app problems for me is to clear Recent Apps (the square button at the bottom of the screen, then Clear, if you didn't know).   It removes any running parts of the app from memory so that you start a fresh copy next time.   It's something I also do before an OS update as part of the routing for making as many system resources available for the process as possible.