Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Battery drain on Smart 7 Platinum

flipvic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Smart 7 Platinum is about 4 months old now. I turn off the phone every night as a matter of course. On 2 occasions when I've tried to turn the phone on in the morning, the battery is totally flat. This can't be doing the battery much good either. Is there a problem with Smart 7 Platinum batteries ?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What’s the battery % when you turn off the phone @flipvic ?

Can you check any battery settings to see what’s using the battery ?

That said if the phone is definitely losing battery power even when the phone is shut down then the battery is shot. 

Vodafone apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty but does not cover issues from an accidental drop or water damage. 

If this was my phone I’d create a back up , take time and date stamped pictures of the phone to show its aesthetic condition, with one of it turned On and another of any visible water sensor typically found in the SIM card tray and then ask a Vodafone Store to send it away for a diagnostic. 

People on eligible contracts can request a courtesy phone if one is in stock. 

I hope all goes Ok. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for prompt response. Battery level was 74% before switching off. I checked battery history but it says " no history available" . I reported this issue first time at Vodafone store, the assistant was clueless.

BandOfBrothers

Definitely sounds like it’s shot if it’s losing from 74% to 0% even when turned Off !

A Vodafone Store will send it Off for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.