Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Best price for S5, SIM free or contract

joe_q
4: Newbie

Where's the best place to buy one of these just now please? I'm currently using an S4 with Vodafone out of commitment so would probably stay on that network and buy an S5 SIM free but also wondered if anyone had heard of any deals being offered by the Vodafone retentions team.
Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

You'll find the latest prices on the s5 in the link below. I'm afraid that the S5 is one of the phones that they don't negotiate on.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/Pay-monthly-GALAXY/index.htm

If you want to buy the handset SIM free, you'd be best off googling the prices as we can't provide competitors prices on the forum

PWIAC

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
Hi there

You'll find the latest prices on the s5 in the link below. I'm afraid that the S5 is one of the phones that they don't negotiate on.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/Pay-monthly-GALAXY/index.htm

If you want to buy the handset SIM free, you'd be best off googling the prices as we can't provide competitors prices on the forum

PWIAC

How do you work out that my query has been solved? I don't accept that as a solution, just someone trying to build up some points for some reason only known to them.

drey_p

It has been marked as solved by a member of the eForum Team because it answers your query - Vodafone don't negotiate on the price of the S5 on contract.  Also, they won't negotiate on the price of a SIM Only deals.

PWIAC

Nothing like a spot of censorship. As a warning to Vodafone, if you remove any more of my posts I'll have you under European law. Check my file carefully, you'll see it wouldn't be the first time I've had you in court, and won.

As you put it in your email to me, "this communication is being sent as a formal warning", right back at you, if you breach my human rights again I'll have you.

For the record, I do not accept your warning nor that I was in violation of your terms and conditions

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

I have always found Amazon to be competative on price for electronics.

Hope that helps

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi joe_q, 

As mentioned to you previously, any breaches of our House Rules, will lead to posts being removed and a warning issued.  As your posts were deemed offensive, they were removed.  

Remain within the House Rules, and there'll be no further issue.  

If you'd like to look at the offers available on the Samsung Galaxy S5, you can so either online or via 191.  We're unable to alter the prices from what you see online.  

Many thanks, 

Phil

cardiffpaul
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Actually, I got a retentions deal on my s5. Unlimited texts and minutes with 4 gig of 4G Internet and 6 months of Spotify for £25 per month with no upfront cost. Had a bit of trouble with them sending the wrong device then a 'nearly new 'one but we got there in the end.
I went through to 'thinking of leaving us' after requesting my pac code.

Thanks for the update, was that 24 month contract?

24 months, yes.

Paul