main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Buying Extra data as a one off

Highlighted
1: Seeker

Is there anyway I can add 5GB data as a one off on a Sunday

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

This should help. 

How-can-I-add-and-remove-a-Data-Extra.

And

Vodafone extras.

Be wary to remove it as it reoccurs. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Cjhulley as well as what @BandOfBrothers has said if you pick a monthly recurring extra only cancel it just before the renewal date as any data left will disappear as soon as you cancel the renewal. 

View more options
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

Is that unfairness still running? It seems to have been going on for years.

Another thing to watch for is the order in which such products are used. I don't know how it is for Pay Monthly, but for PAYG it seems to be the case that the one-off Extras are always used ahead of the regular monthly allowance. As far as I can make out, if I buy a Data Extra while I still have any of my monthly bundle allowance running, it immediately switches to using the allowance from the Extra, thus wasting the remaining bundle allowance. When the new bundle kicks in, it appears to be the Extra which continues to bear the strain, which seems only right and proper. So I think it's a case of "Extra ahead of Bundle" rather than "First in, first out"

View more options