Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call quality is bad on Samsung Galaxy S7

s93
4: Newbie

Hi.

I've been experiencing some really bad call quality with my Samsung Galaxy S7 lately. I have used the phone on EE and 3 and they have both had much clearer and better call quality than Vodafone. 

I've made the calls in the same location to the same phone to test if it was signal and signal does not seem to be an issue whatsoever. (I did not use 4G calling by the way)

Why is this happening though? 

First time I made a call on my new Vodafone plan it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel. 

Then it sounded like the person on the other end of the phone had a very high pitched voice.

Over time the call quality has become a bit better but usually it's a bit distorted and there's a slight sound of wind.

Any help is appreciated.

(P.S. I'm not sure if this post belongs here but I will post it here anyway as it is relating to an Android phone.)

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If the issue is everywhere you go than this would rule out your masts being at issue or possible mast congestion. 

Weather conditions etc can cause temporary call quality issues. 

Sometimes forcing the phone on 2G in its connection settings can help to stabilise call quality. 

You can check your local and surrounding masts by keying your postcode in the Vodafone Coverage Checker. And Vodafone also have a dedicated help page Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Are you able to try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the sim card.

A sim card can be swapped out at any Vodafone Highstreet Store. 

Take some photo ID.

A Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone if the same happens if you insert a different sim card in it and the same issue remains. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi. It could be weather conditions but I'm not sure. South Wales is quite windy anyway this time of year so I can't rule that out.

There is maintenance work in the NP20 postcode at the moment but I am in NP19 so that's likely not the issue.

It's always been better in Cardiff and Penarth though so it's likely a locality issue.

I'll try it in another phone I have and see if it is the SIM that's also causing this.

Thanks for your help.