Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Caller Display on Called Phone

Cheemag
4: Newbie

Good Afternoon,

(Moto G5s Android 7.1.1. Vodafone UK PAYG-1)

Calls/Missed calls from this phone always give a caller display of  'Unknown' on my wife's two phones. Other callers display correctly. Her calls to me display correctly.

Am I missing a setting on my phone or is she missing a setting on hers ?

Regards

Cheemag

5 REPLIES 5

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

Does this just happen on your wife's phone or on every mobile you call? If it happens every time on every phone then it's a setting on yours, you've chosen to hide your number.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

@SimonWilding wrote:

Does this just happen on your wife's phone or on every mobile you call? If it happens every time on every phone then it's a setting on yours, you've chosen to hide your number.

I've only ever tried it on my wife's phone. Perhaps I can persuade someone else to check for me, but I'm

fairly sure the fault is with my phone. I haven't deliberately hidden my number, and as far asI know I'm using the basic system without any call-handling app.

I've deleted my entry on both my wife's phones and put them in again;  makes no difference - both come up as unknown.

Any idea where I would find a setting which would result in a withholding like this ?

Regards

Cheemag

SimonWilding

I have Android 8 and the way of checking is as follows:

Go to your dialler and press menu (3 dots)

Press Settings

Scroll Down to Other settings and press Addtional Settings

Press Caller ID

Ensure Show Number (or Network Default) is selected. If Hide Number is already selected, there you go.

Android 7 may be different but probably not by much.

Also - are you sure that your number isn't strored in your wife's phone twice, under difference names, as that can confuse things (although it will usually show the number without a name, rather than unkknown)

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

@SimonWilding wrote:

I have Android 8 and the way of checking is as follows:

Go to your dialler and press menu (3 dots)

Press Settings

Scroll Down to Other settings and press Addtional Settings

Press Caller ID

Thanks a lot - that's fixed it. It was set to withold the number and ID on outgoing calls. I didn't set it that way ... !   I got a "Call Settings Error - Network or SIM card error" after changing the setting, but it took and now works.

Thanks again.

Regards

Cheemag

SimonWilding

Excellent - glad to have helped

Last Update 19.4.22

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4