Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calls diverted to Voicemail too quickly - I've tried everything with no luck

User2412
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung S9. I've set voicemail up correctly and can see that calls are diverted to voicemail after 7- 8 seconds. This is odd as the default time is 15 seconds. It's also too quick. So I'd like to change this to 15 or 20 seconds. 

I'm well aware that the way to do this is to enter **61*121*10*20# into the dialer. This I have done and it has no effect. I've called 191 and had four long conversations each time. They have suggested various fixes including

• **61*121*10*20#
  • **61*242*10*20#
  • **61*121*11*20#
  • **62*121xxxxxxxxxx*15# whith u phone number
  • Reset of voicemail settings on the account
  • Issued replacement SIM
  • Reset of network settings

My partner also has an S9 and she has the same problems. I'm out of ideas and out of patience. Is there anyone who can provide an insight into this problem?

Sincerely, Paul

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @User2412

From the current list of troubleshooting you've already completed this should have resolved your issue.

No wonder your patience is wearing thin !

Sometimes cancelling all diverts via Dialing ##002# and press call or send

helps and then reset Voicemail back up  

The codes your using look like the right ones Vodafone advise to use in Here

I'm wondering if it's a viable process of elimination to try your sim card in a completely different phone to set up the delay, although I appreciate your partner is experiencing similar problems.

As you also seem to have exhausted support from the customer service avenues perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here try and help you once they've caught up with your thread. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers

Thak's for your reply. I did post a reply several days ago and received an email with a completely new Username asking for password validation. Very odd. My post also disappeared.

I did reset all using  ##002# and reapplied everything. Timeout is now the default 15 seconds but this seems much shorted as the clock seems to start counting well before the phone starts to play a ring tone. As before I attempted to extend the timeout to 25 seconds but these requests are ignored.

Your comments about SIM ards are probably invlaid as Vodafone have already sent a replacement SIm to try and fix the problem plus my partner gets identical behaviour on her S9.

@BandOfBrothers
Thanks for you reply. I have waited for my S9 upgrade to Android Pie in the faint hope that this might fix things. It hasn't. My call divert stubbornly remains at 15 seconds. As the count starts at the server end before the phone rings, then I have to get phone from pocket, apply fingerprint or PIN code, then fumble for "Answer" I usually lose the call befor I can answer. This is very frustrating.
You suggested that I contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams for further advice. How do I do this.

Thanks, Paul

@User2412 Hi there, we'd love to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in contact. One of the team will be in touch as soon as we can. Joe