cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can anyone advise why Apps opening randomly - Smart Ultra 6 on Android?

Orangehousecouk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since last night my wife's Ultra 6 on Android has been acting as though it is on Steroids. It seems to be opening Apps randomly. It will flicker, produce small images of the different slide screens and expand and contract these continuously. It can then open apps at random intervals. It is getting to really annoying and renders the device almost unuseable.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As this does not seem to be connected to one rogue app if this was my phone I’d try these in order....

1. See if the phone can be put in Safe Mode Which de activates your downloaded Apps and leaves the Stock ones working. If it stops then a rogue App is causing this. Start deleting each one in order of last downloaded until it stops. 
  2. Clear the apps or phones system cache. 
  3. Ensure apps and firmware are up to date. 
  4. Run a virus scan if you have a scanner downloaded. 
  5. Back-Up and Factory Reset. 
  6. Back-Up and ask a Vodafone Highstreet Store to send it away for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

As well as the things @BandOfBrothers has suggested, you could also try:

Clear recent apps (the square button beside the home button).

Clear app caches by going into Settings|Storage.

Simply restart the phone.

All of those are non-destructive and only take a moment.   I think BoB and I are both inclined to think this is a resource issue, and these actions will free up memory.  You could also check that your storage isn't almost full while you're in the Settings menu.