Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get phone out of standby mode once been on charge for hours

Lee9495
4: Newbie

After the numerous problems I had with Galaxy S3 thought they would be rectified on the S4, only just had it for a fortnight.

Just have 2 niggly problems other than that love the phone. Other is network related which have now seen on other topics, so posted there.

Put phone on charge at night, disconnect in the morning can see I have emails/notifications as light is flashing on front of phone. Press the home button nothing happens, press the power button nothing happens, only way to get it back on is take battery out. When in standby during the day I have to press the home button for a few seconds, release and press it again for it to come on.

I did alter the settings so only the clock showed on the lock screen, that helped as could get home screen on without having to press the power button, now have to do the above to get it on.

Am running 4.2.2

Am hoping the result will be factory reset or hard reset just thought I would ask here before, after the great advice I had last time.

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Did you have the same issue with your S3 - if you did, it would indicate that there is possibly an app that is causing the problem.  A  factory reset would be a good place to start.  Obviously, make sure everything is backed up before you do it though as it will completely wipe your handset. 

Once you have performed the factory reset - don't install any of the apps and see if your phone behaves itself.  If it does, then you know the phone is okay and it is an app.  Install your apps one at a time (yes, I know that this is slow and painful) and see how the device behaves after you have installed each one.  You should be able to narrow down the app that is playing up by doing that. 

PWIAC

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Do you use an "App Killer" or "Battery booster" app?

These can often kill background processes that are supposed to stay running, which in tern can make the Phone slower to respond because it has to keep restarting system processes.

If you do use one of "Those" apps, I would recommend you uninstall them, as you don't need them! 

Otherwise I would folow drey_p's advice. :smileywink:

Lee9495
4: Newbie
Thanks for reply.

S3 had different problems. Have uninstalled battery doctor and about to put on charge see what it's like in the morning. If not try factory reset not sure whether do a hard reset if there is much difference. Other problem is having no network where I did have with S3.

I have zd box and cc cleaner are only apps now that perform scans etc. See how I get on and let you know. Thanks

Have done a factory reset and hard reset, not installed any apps or updates and still not right. Have to press the home button several times before the screen comes back on. So will try to get it sent back for a replacement.