Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't receive calls or texts after porting from EE to Vodafone

AJP2017
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just moved from EE to Vodafone and ported my old number across. I can make and receive calls but cannot send or receive texts.

Please advise urgently when/how this will be resolved. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @AJP2017

May I ask What your porting in date was please ?

To add as Porting does not process over a weekend the issue should hopefully self clear up on Monday. 

Try manually choosing another network in the phone and then re choose Vodafone and then soft reboot by turning the device Off and On. 

If it does not self clear up them my suggestion is to contact Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat and report a possible Split Port which is when not all the porting in files have settled.

They'll escalate this to the Porting In Vodafone Teams. 

I hope all goes Ok for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hey,

Your porting date must have passed if you're able to make outgoing calls. Your incoming calls are more than likely still being routed to your EE sim card. 

BandOfBrothers has given you some good advice. This happened to me when I ported, what you need to do is call the customer care team on 191 and ask to be connected to the porting team (tell them you have a split port) and then someone there will own this issue for you and get it fully resolved. 

I do think the porting team are a Monday to Friday team so may be worth leaving it till tomorrow. 

Many thanks for your advice. I'll give them a call tomorrow. It wouldn't be a problem as I don't text very much these days but use WhatsApp. Unfortunately I need a confirmation number that WhatsApp have text me to confirm my account so can't access that at the moment either! Many thanks for your advice.

Many thanks for your advice. The number was ported Friday/Saturday. It seemed to takes ages. I have tried as you have suggested but unfortunately it didn't work. I'll give them a call tomorrow.  Many thanks for your advice!