Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send text messages

amberdragon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Huawei p smart and 2g coverage is shown as good in my area. I use Vodafone's message + too. I'm able to receive texts but cannot send. Also the contact is shown as Sms only. Please help its a real pain not sending texts. I have restarted my phone and that didn't help. I have it set up for WiFi call too. Thanks, Sue

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @amberdragon

Wi-Fi Calling is great but just to mention at present it does not allow sms texting. 

Do you have issues sending texts to everyone and does this happen in one place like at home or everywhere? 

May I assume you are not sending long texts or ones with emoticons as this can convert a text to mms which needs at least a 3g signal. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @amberdragon 

If you are using Message + Messaging brings you Chat, this should automatically flip between SMS and chat.  However, since you may be having a problem sending as a single SMS, try disabling group chat from your message settings and see if it makes a difference and enables you to send an SMS.

WiFi calling is designed to kick in when there is zero mobile reception, if your phone is connected to WiFi calling, try turning this off when you send the text, providing you have reasonable a reasonable 2G signal a text should send and you should also be able to make calls.  Although your SMS is probably set up correctly, it won't do any harm just making sure. The link here will help: Text Messaging Support.

If you are continue to have issues, live chat or Customer Services will be able to help. Alternatively, please post back and the forum team will be able to look into the problem.

Thanks, I'll check it out  Sue xx