cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can the S8 be offered if you call the retention team saying you want to leave?

LondonAM
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

I've come to the end of my contract. I've been offered 30% off any phone (except the S8)  by the retention team after telling them I wanted to leave. 

They said they can't do deals on the S8 because its new and they asked me to wait before I can have that discounted. Although I was offered a discounted p10 even though that's a new handset. 

Should I wait until I can get the S8 discounted  or go ahead with my pac code? Are the claims of the retention team correct? Perhaps if I actually insist on the pac code they might be able to work something out? 

Any tips? 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Like all the Networks they are going to want to push these new phones as much as possible. 

However even the Retentions Team have I assume a list of phones they can offer deals with. Typically newly launched flagship phones are not on it as people are lining up for them !

You could try asking for a PAC Code to try and get a deal but be ready to be released from the network too. Although if they give you a requested PAC Code it'll timeout in 30 days if you don't use it. Be aware not all Networks can offer the same signal strength and data speeds in the same areas. 

If this was me I'd either let the contract drop onto a 30 day contract or change to a sim only, and then revisit asking for the s8 phones 3-4 months'ish after its fully launched on the 28th April.

You could change the contract to Payg. Then take out a new contract perhaps taking advantage of a new deal and then transfer your number from Payg to the new contract. 

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract. Credits to AnnS.

There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @LondonAM

Vodafone won't discount an S8 contract.   The S8 is a new top of the range desirable phone with demand outstriping supply.  If you want a discount on a new phone you are going to consider something less desirable.  Threatening to leave won't make any difference, Vodafone can  easily sell S8 contracts without any discount.

You can look at third parties, they have different tariffs but prefer to sell a new contract with a new number and keeping your old number will be time consuming and complicated.

The other alternative is the Advantage scheme, to qualify you need to know someone who works for an eligible company participating in the scheme who is willing to add your name to the list of friends and family.   You will then be able to get up to 30% discount on any eligible plan, including the S8.

There is further information for you on the Advantage scheme below.

Vodafone Advantage

Just to be clear its 15% for monthly contracts or 30% if you get  a sim only contract.