Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant move apps pn n9 to sd card

davesunley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello hoping to get some help as have had a look on the internet and cant find anything!!!

I fairly recently upgraded to the vodafone n9 and have found the memory to be restricting as I have a lot of apps and also a lot of music. I have therefore recently expended my memory with an sd card, however when i go into app manager i can not find anywhere to move apps to sd card storage at all, however have managed to move my songs. i would like to move some apps though does anyone know if this is possible anymore as i know it used to be an option. please help thankyou

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The movement of some apps to Sd Card seems to be reserved for flagship phones @davesunley

I have the option on my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone. 

Usually the option is found in similar places to Settings-Apps-Storage-Storage Location. 

If it isn't there then your phone won't allow the movement of apps. 

You could free up space via deleting old calendar entries and notes and emails and text messages etc. 

16Gb as storage isn't enough imo as some of that 16Gb is taken up by the Os and some is gated off for future updates so there's approx around 12Gb of user accessible memory. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thankyou @bandofbrothers appreciate the advice like i say have managed to move files so may just have to settle for moving files and music instead of my apps as that option isnt anywhere on my phone. Thanks for your help did think this may be the case but had to go for a cheaper phone as have a habit of breaking them. I know will have to make some sacrifices because of what it is!! thanks again

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @davesunley

Even phones that allow the movement won't allow core apps to be moved.

Take care. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

There's no method of moving apps en bloc, and new ones will always install initially to onboard storage.   However, individual apps may have the move option and the only way to find out is to look at them individually in the app manager.

The other possibility is, if the device allows it, to format your sd card as Adopted Storage.   Note that this will erase it and that it'll only be usable in that device.   If you move it to another one, you'll need to format it again.   If you do this, the card will become part of the total memory pool and the device will use it as necessary.   It's not ideal, but would mean that you don't have to be constantly managing files.

blackshuck
4: Newbie

Don't think you can move any apps to SD - I've recently bought a Vodafone X9 & l can't do it on mine .

How did you move your music files to SD - I can't even do that now - every time I try to switch the Google Play Music app from internal storage to SD , it crashes !

Also no option to use SD card as internal storage - can only format it as portable .