main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Data Usage Monitor for Voxi plans

3: Seeker

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a data monitor app that allows me to exclude the apps we get unlimited data on in Voxi?

I have tried a number of different apps and they all lump it together, but would be good to have an app I can set "Exclude these services" anyone found or using one? 

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
17: Community Champion

Is there anything within your phones settings or preferences to help you with this @EricR 

Other than that it would be an option to google search and or go through the options in your apps store and read the reviews.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks. Feel a bit of a fool now as it is there is the settings on my phone! 

I honestly had checked there too! 

Thanks again. 

View more options

I didn't know you could exclude apps that have unlimited data on the built-in data monitor.   In the past, I've used My Data Manager, which does (I'm pretty sure) have that option.   I stopped because it seemed to have got less accurate, but that was a while ago and it may have improved.   It also has the facility to look at usage down to an hourly level, which can be useful if you're trying to trap a data hog.

View more options

On the Voxi sim deal you get all social media free and it doesn't count towards your overall data, hence my desire to strip it out to see if I can drop down a price band. 

I can exclude aps in my settings, I'm using a OnePlus 5t, so may be their tweak to android I am seeing.

*UPDATE*

Nope, turns out "Data Usage Disabled" means "Disable Data Usage" a subtle but important difference...

Back to square one.... 

View more options

Have a look at My Data Manager (there may be other 3rd party apps as well).

View more options

Probably, I have downloaded and installed a lot, but without much success.

Will double check however 

View more options

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. 

It is in there, but hidden very deep. TBH they could flag that up higher I have to say. 

Anyhow, that is installed and running. Let's see how it goes. 

View more options

You've probably also found that you have to do a certain amount of setting up, including entering your data usage so far (just for the first cycle) and setting the rollover date etc.   I found the multiple alarms quite useful, but - as I said before - I stopped using it because it seemed to have got inaccurate, so don't reply absolutely on it in case it's underestimating.

View more options

The plans are for 6, 15 or 45gb OUTSIDE of social media usage so I have quite a bit of leeway to see if I need the plan I have or can drop down a level.

Thaks for the help, appreciated. 

View more options