Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data being Drained on my Samsung S4 Mini

Samdy
6: Helper
6: Helper

I use a Samsung S4 Mini although I doubt that is the issue.

I suddenly find that 250mb data allowance is being drained?

I only use the phone for calls, texts and very occasional emails - no games, videos or anything else.

I am on 4g and for the past two/three years with this phone I have never used more than 20-30 mb of my 250mb allowance per month - but suddenly it was gone on just one day: 1st October. Used CHAT with Vodafone help and they said look at your apps in the background.

I found this: Unified Daemon(EUR) - what is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
3 REPLIES 3

63johnw

Hi @Samdy information on that can be found here.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1057747

Hi 63johnw and thanks for prompt reply.

I have disabled Unified Daemon(EUR), but still strange that I hadn't noticed it before, or had the data drain before which is puzzling.

Can I safely then, disable all the Google play stuff as well: Play: Game, Movies, Services and Store? As - as mentioned, I simply ONLY use my phone for calls, texts and emails.

Also, sorry to ask, but what is AllShare Cast Dongle S/W...? Another new one to me that has 'appeared' on my phone.

63johnw

No problem, Quite often an update to an app can trigger something like this, sometimes settings within apps change and need looking at after they have updated.

Yes you should be fine to do that, if you need them you will be prompted by your phone.

Allshare cast dongle, usually is used in conjunction with something like a Chromecast dongle so you can cast your phone to a TV. Again should be fine to disable if you dont use antything like that.