cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Delivery date of pre-ordered blue Samsung Galaxy S5?

Mark8539
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've pre-ordered a blue Samsung Galaxy S5 from Vodafone to be delivered to my local Vodafone store. I see that the release date of the phone is Friday 11th April and am hoping to be able to collect my new phone on that day. However, I see that on other networks the blue variant will not be available until Tuesday 22nd April. Is this delay for the blue variant also true for Vodafone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mark,

I’ve had an update and can confirm what scotsman87 has said.

There will be no delays for the blue Samsung Galaxy S5.

Enjoy your new phone :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Hi matrix1,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi

Exactly the same thing is happening to me right now, I went for online upgrade (to collect from a store) 11 days ago, since then I received text messages and emails stating that there is no S5 in stock right now and I would have to wait for an update, 3 days, then another 3 and 4, today I got yet another text that this time I will have to wait 10 days to see if there are any S5. Am already on the new plan, paying £2 more but there is no phone. So I decided to chat online to one of the consultants, where after many questions it turned out they have no idea how long it would take to have the new phone, the person on the other side said it could be days or even weeks!!! Also they ask me if I know any shops that have handsets in stock so they would transfer my order! They should know what they have in stores and if there are any in one of them they should let me know and I can go and collect from there. Am not going to walk around London and ask if they have any phones, thats not my job. Seriously considering switching to another operator after such a bad treatment.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi agata2008,

I’m sorry to hear that.

Take a look here for how to get in touch we can look into this further.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page. and 

Thanks,

Jenny

musicmaster1986
1: Seeker
I just spoke to vodafone and they have informed me that the blue and gold s5 phones will not arrive for up to 5 weeks after the 11th april

Thanks musicmaster.

We'll find out next week then which bit of Vodafone knows the right answer. :smileyindifferent:

musicmaster, to be honest that doesn't make much sense - at least as far as the gold version is concerned. As Vodafone have a 4 week exclusive deal for the gold variant there would be a lot of annoyed people if it was then delayed for 5 weeks.

We'll see in a weeks time...

musicmaster1986
1: Seeker
I dunno they just told me on the phone 4-5 weeks. I ordered the black s5 but i changed my mind and now want the blue one. they wont let me change thou. My friend works at vodafone and they told me when i recieve it in the mail just bring it to him and he will swap it over for a blue one. But now it seems i have to wait till they get the blue ones haha. Mayas well just open my black one and use that because i cant be bothered waiting.

jamsterdm
10: Established
10: Established
Store never said anything about colour delays...

SHP66
4: Newbie

Pre-ordered the blue S5 on 1 April, repeatedly told it would be delivered on 11 April - only to get an email on 11 April to say it was out of stock.

Chased Vodafone this morning - told it was due for deliverly tomorrow (15 April) and not 10 minutes later received text and email to say it had arrived and is waiting at the Bull Ring store in Birmingham - so I'm off after work to collect.

bluemoon2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Has everyone received their blue s5's now? I ordered mine from a shop and i haven't heard anything to say they have arrived and are in stock