Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dial pad not working

Frizzybee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got a new Samsung s9, however when trying to set up my voicemail the dialpad won't work to allow me to choose options. I also tried phoning somewhere else I couldn't choose options either so had to end the call. Can anyone help please?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Just as a 1st step @Frizzybee  can you try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Also are you using a 3rd party phone app or the stock Samsung option ?

Also are you using a theme from the Samsung Theme Store  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Frizzybee 

DTMF tones are necessary to use the automated services to select your options. 

You need to go into your call settings and make sure your dial pad touch tones are set to default, this will ensure your phone submits the DTMF tone to select automated and voicemail options.

There is also further information available from the internet.

Hi I have rebooted my phone. I am using the samsung phone app, no themes and I have tried to find the dial pad touch tones but can't locate this. 

BandOfBrothers

Neither can I at this time on my Samsung Note 9 !

Most suggestions point to launch the phone app then press the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner then choose settings and then Other Call Settings _ but nothing is there in regards to those settings. 

Another similar thread here Updated-to-Oreo-now-no-DTMF-tones.

My advice is to pop into a Samsung Experience Store if you have one local and or Chat with Samsung Support.

I appreciate Vodafone supplied the phone but Samsung know their software and hardware better than Vodafone.

Mine works out of the box.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Frizzybee 

I hope my suggestion of DTMF tones helps.

If you use Google and search for enable Samsung S9  DTMF tones, you will find how to enable the tones needed for automated dial in systems.

Although you are using a Samsung phone, please also see this previous thread where downloading an application solved the problem https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Entering-keypad-numbers-for-automated-services-not-working/t...