Vodafone UK - Maintenance
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Dont waste your with WiFi callig๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Just a message to anyone having issues with  WiFi calling on Android phones not purchase direct from Vodafone. Don't  waste your time trying  to get it to work, Vodafone Phone only support androd phones purchase directly from them.๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

Happy to be proven worng and my issue resolved. ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@stewiebrown that used to be the case in the early days of calling over Wi-Fi. 

Now that's changed so wi-fi-calling will work.

It needs provisioning on your account by customer service and turned on in your myvodafone. 

Albeit possibly a different make and model of phone to yours this may help Wi-fi-enabling-on-Samsung-S7-phone.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

They have tried that with my phone and a lot othes, read the various posts, so until I see mine and all others  wth access to WiFi calling I find this hard to believe. 

As said would be really happy to be proven wrong and if you can help with this let me know.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Which Android phone are you using @stewiebrown

Has it ever been supplied by a UK Network ie Branded and then unlocked or was it supplied unbranded by the manufacturer?

I'm a fellow customer like you so understandably cannot access your account. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team will read your post once they've caught up with your thread and will help you further if they can. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
View more options
Highlighted

Hi P20pro  and before people say it not on the list, I know people who purchased this phone direct from VF and their WiFi calling works. The phone was brought from carphone warehouse and I know 100% it supports WiFi calling.  Moderators I will complete another form if you think it will help??? .

View more options
Highlighted

Please follow the instructions @Tash posted in your other post @stewiebrown and we'll be happy to take another look into this for you.

View more options
Highlighted
6: Helper

I've had a similar issue trying to get WIFI calling to work on my Pixel 2. I know the phone supports it and I've been on Live Chat to have WIFI calling turned on on my account, but to no avail. The device was purchased from Mobiles.co.uk so is unbranded and is running the latest software.

View more options
Highlighted

Take it you've still not had your WiFi issue resolved? I believe that VF don't support phones brought else where and  wish  they'd either admit that or find a solution to the issue. Rather than keep going round in circles.

View more options
Highlighted

@wwhyte92 We'll be happy to look into your account for you and help with your Wi-Fi Calling. I've sent you a private message with our team's contact details so that we can assist you further.

@stewiebrown Have you since been able to contact us through the details provided in your private message. Once you submit your details, you should then receive an automated email response with a reference number (similar to #12345678). Please confirm this back to us and we'll check on the progress of this for you.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have precislpr the same issue. My P20 pro has dual SIM that is supporting EE or 3 WiFi calling however Vodafone is not available despite two phone calls and texts to activate this is the same on my wife's Honor 10 where Vodafone has no WiFi calling. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

@Initiale It's disappointing to hear you're having problems getting your Wi-F calling working ๐Ÿ˜ž Did you buy your P20 Pro directly from us? If not, you can find more information on this post here.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I just bought a Galaxy S9 from Samsung the other day and managed to get wifi calling by phone 191, telling the robot 'Wifi Calling' then asking the technical person to send Over the air configuration to provide Wifi Calling provisioning to my phone. The setting was there in a few minutes.

View more options
Highlighted

@tyreexhaust It's great to hear your query has been sorted ๐Ÿ‘

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

i think it's from OS . On Android 5.0+ mode Doze haven't many bugs

View more options