main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Draw your pattern

Highlighted
8: Helper

Tried to sell my phone on CEX.ltd, long story, no good, so have had it returned, and now when I turn it on and swipe up a 3x3 row of dits appear and it says 'Draw your pattern' well I don't know what 'pattern' everyone I do is wrong, any idea's????

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @widgetwilk39

It would appear CEX may have sold your phone and had it returned.  The problem will be the person they sold it to put a protect pattern on the phone to prevent unauthorised access and this should have been removed brefore returning the device to you.

If you still have the phone on your Google account, and go to find my phone, you should be able to click on erase my phone, this will clear the pattern and anything else on the phone.  The other alternative will be trying to a hard reset. Information from the internet for performing a hard reset.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks, no they did not sell it, am having a to-do with them now about it,

am off out soon so will try the Google bit later, can't hand reset it as can't get past the 'pattern'

will let you know what happends later, thanks again

View more options
Highlighted

Got no help from CEX Ltd, but a 'young' man I know did it, he said he rebooted it and reformated it, think that's what he said, but it is back to how I want it,

thanks for listerning and repling to me.

View more options