Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty Phone - Samsung

lonesheepma
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've been unable to get through to Vodaphone online as the chat plugin never loads!

My Galaxy Note 10 developed a fault whilst connected to my laptop - overheating coupled with electrical burning smell.  Samsung has suggested I return the phone to them.  As Vodaphone are the supplier of the phone, I'm assuming this is correct? 

They have not given me any indication of how long I will be without the phone, so potentially I will be without a mobile device for weeks whilst still paying for the service, all due to a fault product.

Some advice?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@AnnS wrote:

Sorry @BandOfBrothers 

I am going to have to disagree on this one, that's just your opinion.  If a phone is unrepairable Samsung are going to be a lot more understanding than Vodafone.  If a phone is still in warranty Vodafone would be more than likely to replace with a phone of the same specifications that is as used phone, where Samsung would replace with a new phone.

The postal service is running as normal but with the current situation Vodafone would not be in a position to send a repair bag and as for returning the phone as repaired that would be unlikely until all these dreadful problems are over.

I agree hopefully normal services will be resumed after the pandemic ends @AnnS 

My above reply is indeed "just my opinion" and I did say in my reply " they'll typically advise to go back to the network "

After speaking with Samsung again just to make sure I'm not off point with this Samsung reply was "Hi Lee. Thanks for contacting us. We would recommend that you review the terms and conditions of your retailer concerning returns, refunds and replacement. Let us know if you need anything else. "

Now I'm not saying Samsung would never supply a replacement phone but that would be typically to people who have bought directly from Samsung.

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe.🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.