main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Free Bose Headphone with p20

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Has anyone actually received these or like me on day 28 after claim was validated still waiting for what I now know to be the inevitable message “we have run out”?

i feel conned massively, it’s the only reason I got this phone and I know I’ll be stuck with this Chinese junk for 2 years, is it a con? I am considering starting a legal action so feedback is appreciated.

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Laughsatcats

This is a recent thread about the offer Huawei-P20-Bose-Headphones-offer-was-I-misled-by-sales-team.

These types of offers tend to be governed by certain T&C's such as applying for them after a certain date which usually means after the cooling off period has elapsed or first bill paid, and by as you mention while stocks last. 

Totally appreciate your frustrated about this but personally I wouldn't agree that the Huawei P20 Pro & P20 is " Chinese junk " but that's just me. :Smiling:

That said lots of people opt to upgrade to a new phone and sell the phone on to create funds to buy a phone they want etc. 

One of my friends was looking at upgrading recently and one of the pieces of advice from me to him was not to priotise a freebie being thrown in to tempt him to sign up but to first concentrate on his chosen tariff cost and monthly allowances followed by his choice of phone. 

On a side note I use the Bose® SoundLink™ AE2 Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones and for £200 they are awesome so I can well appreciate a person being tempted in by such a freebie with a phone on contract. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
6: Helper

My wife preordered the P20 and received her headphones last Friday, around 3 or 4 weeks after making the claim. It's going to take some time to get around to sending all the headphones out as the promotion wasn't just with Vodafone but all carriers, so it's going to be a bit of a logistical nightmare. Huawei did say when making the claim that delivery could take up to 30 days, so you need to let the full 30 days pass before starting to bang the drum or send compliants in really.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @wwhyte92 and @Laughsatcats a colleague at work submitted his claim as soon as the claim line was open and received notification that it had been successful. He has just passed the thirty days so contacted Huawei to chase it up and was told that they are experiencing delays due to the success of the offer, they said he would still receive the headphones and would receive notification of dispatch once they were on their way.

View more options
Highlighted

Day 29 and still no headphones

View more options
Highlighted

Day 30 and no headphones, surprise, surprise!!!

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Laughsatcats as the offer is from Huawei have you tried contacting them for an update, Vodafone won't be able to offer any updates on delivery.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

We missed the delivery last week but received our two sets of headphones a few days later after arranging a redelivery with DX Delivery. Excellent freebie - I'm sure the heavy demand is behind your delays.

View more options
Highlighted

Still nothing, Huawei have said there was high demand it they might be late, considering its day 32 now they are late.

I just know it'll end up being "due to high volume you are no longer eligible for these".

Even though my claim was submitted and accepted straight away pretty much.

I will continue to feel conned by both vodafone and Huawei into getting a phone i wasn't sure about just because of an offer i havent received and until i get this "reward" this will continue. I'll go to twitter and facebook to see if a more public forum will get a better response to negative feedback.

View more options
10: Established
Mine arrived today. I had previously got an email about 3 weeks ago saying that due to unexpected demand blah blah blah. I then got an email yesterday from DX delivieries saying they were tracking a parcel for me. This morning an email from Huawei confirming the claim had been fulfilled.... As long as your claim has been validated, you WILL get them, it's just a matter of when!
View more options