Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
hi in the last 4 days I have used 800 mb of mobile data and I have been trying different settings to reduce data so I noticed before I got my last data allowance I stopped back ground data for Google play services yet in 4 days it has used 180 mb of data and the biggest chunk was on background now 180 mb might not sound a lot but over the month it adds up and I have made an effort to stay away from every thing Google no maps no voice. ok Google and have only synced once a day and only using Samsung internet has any body else noticed a jump in the amount of back ground data.I know it's always been there but nearly a gig a month is a big chunk of your allowance.has any one any solutions?I know my s5 that I was using previous to my 7 edge never used to chew that much and I didn't have as much control
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi.

My Google play store is showing 420mb of data use but that's because I update my apps via mobile data if I'm away from WiFi. 

Just my choice. 

A person can tweak an app to only be able to use WiFi for updating etc. 

A smartphone shouts out to be connected to data for all kinds of things nowadays.

Turning off Mobile Data while at home and not allowing the phone to auto switch from WiFi to mobile data can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

SKYMAN513
Can't try that I don't have WiFi and can not access it at moment
The play service app manager says it's
GOOGLE BACK UP TRANSPORT
GOOGLE FRAMEWORK SERVICE
GOOGLE ACCOUNT MANAGER
From what you said about the maps offline
I bet your right I'll double I could of food it by accident
I have been playing about with a GEAR FIT 2
mapping my walks so what you said definitely makes sense
Thanks

hrym

I think the androidauthority thread mentioned Google Framework.   I've seen Google Account Manager use more than usual for a few days, but only 3-4mb.   To find offline map areas, look in the maps app (obviously).  I downloaded one once and failed to find out how to remove it (fortunately it was on a wifi only device), but I think there was a way of stopping it updating.

I wonder if the whole thing is Gear Fit related?  Can you disconnect that and see what happens? (Or have you already?)

SKYMAN513
Sorry meant to say
I'll double check could of done it by accident

SKYMAN513
I have but didn't monitor it
I'll have ago and update Thanks for info
I wish I new this forum was here 2 years ago it would of saved me a lot of headaches
Although I am making up for lost time, ha!🤣
Thanks again hrym