Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy 20E can't find wifi calling option

Jillyt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've inherited a phone in my voluntary role and I need to enable wifi calling, but I can't find the option on the phone and can't seem to find a way of downloading it? Is it something that this phone might not have and that it needs to be enabled by my employer? Thanks for any hints. 

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jillyt 

If you mean the S20FE, please see this link: How do I set up WiFi Calling? 

If the phone in on the list of supported devices and you continue to have problems, providing the account is in your name please use live chat or call Vodafone, they will put you in contact with the Technical Team who will go through all the options and send you a configuration file.  Alternatively, you can also speak to the Twitter or Facebook Social Team here: Contact Us 

Texting Calling to 97888 will get the feature added to your account, you will receive a confirmation reply to let the feature has been added and will be active on your account within 24 hours.

BandOfBrothers

@Jillyt 

Ask customer services via 191 to send you the Over the Air Configuration for Calling Over Wi-Fi.

Even if your phone is not on the eligible list there's no reason why Calling Over Wi-Fi shouldn't work on a phone that's capable of using that feature.

Intact we've seen past posts where people have had Wi-Fi Calling working on their phone which isn't in the list from Vodafone.

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account.
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Check it's turned On in your Myvodafone. 

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for that info!