Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy 4g Smartwatch

nobby1971
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I took out a plan for a Galaxy 4g smartwatch just before Christmas.  Its been an absolute nightmare.

Ultimately, I cannot send or receive texts when not connected via bluetooth, but I CAN make calls and receive calls.  Somebody has told me that you need the phone to be on (wherever in the world) but not necessarily near, is that correct?

Surely that defeats the purpose.  Sadly Vodafone cannot make their mind up whether this is the expected behaviour and have made the situation worse many many times, so much so that, I have raised a complaint to the CEO but surely the above cannot be correct, either you cant do anything at all on 4g or everything, but not the above.  I do have a Hauwei phone, but surely the fact the phone is taken out of the equation and can still make calls and receive calls, suggests its not the phones problem?

Please help, I am going round and round in circles.  Much appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Do you have Vodafone OneNumber  @nobby1971  ?

" Speak freely while doing the things you love thanks to our seamless connectivity. No need to worry about where your phone is – or how much battery it’s got left. Best of all, OneNumber uses your usual allowance, so you won’t pay for any extra data, minutes, or messages. " 

This points me to believe the phone does not need to be near or turned On.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @nobby1971 

Please see this previous thread asking the same question, this will provide the information you need.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Activation-code-for-smartwatch/m-p/2649411#M146051

Thanks for the reply, it ISNT the same question.  I am setup on OneNumber.

As the poster above says, it appears that Vodafone cant get this right, despite many complaints, even to the CEO.  The Livechat is a joke, completely falling short of what is acceptable for a major Telecommunications Company.  I really am not sure what the next step is, the ombudsman perhaps?

@

AnnS

It wasn't clear @nobby1971 Also I don't work for Vodafone.

If you are having connection problems you need to follow this link, the Team will be able to help.

Contact the Social Media Team 

No problem .@AnnS

As i put in my original post though, I have been through that many hoops and complaints, even now onto the CEO, so I am not sure they can help to be honest.

Thanks.

Apologies for the messy replies, I am on my phone and have fat fingers syndrome.

BandOfBrothers

Your replies are fine @nobby1971 

Hopefully your ongoing complaint will bring a conclusion to the issue.

Would you let us know how you get on please?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @nobby1971 

I can't see any issue with your replies.  I am sure you have seen this thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Unable-to-connect-my-samsung-watch-active-2-to-vodafone-...

Give the Social Media the opportunity of getting this solved for you.  Hope to hear some good news when you next reply.