Ask

Solution

Galaxy Fame - MMS service not activated on network

Rainy
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm on PAYG, Freedom Freebee

Been unable to send or receive MMS from the start (have sufficient credit) - receive "Service not activated on network" & "Server response error" every time.

Tried texting WEB to 40127 & installing config settings (I can access the internet)

Called the help desk and set up the APN from their instructions, also tried resetting APN to default

Asked in nearest Vodafone shop, and they couldn't see any MMS bar on my service

People with the same problem seem to be finding some joy on here, so please help!

21 REPLIES 21

hrym
17: Community Champion

To usr MMS, it needs to be provisioned on your account. There will be a mod along in due course and they'll be able to action this for you. There have been occasions when this has been problematical, but it's always resolved in the end, afaik.

ali68

I am also having the same problem with my new Fame phone. I've tried adding settings manually, downloading settings, and nothing works.  I'm finding it very frustrating that something so simple just will not work.

hrym

If MMS isn't provisioned on your account,there's nothing you can do in Settings.  There will be a mod along in due course who can look into it for you, or you may be able to get it set up by calling 191.

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Galaxy Fame, MMS service not activated.

I've tried everything, goodness knows why Vodafone make life so complicated, other service providers like O2 and Tesco are fine, easy to use their websites. I can't even top up my phone online with Vodaphone, returns error message after Verified by Visa has done its stuff.

Had to resort to going into my local Vodafone high street store today, got the phone topped up, also allegedly had MMS barring removed from my account. This didn't work there and then, lass in store advised me to wait 24 hours and try again.

If that doesn't work, I'm getting this phone unlocked and I'm off to a more helpful service provider.

hrym

This is also going to take a mod to sort.   They'll give you a link to a form to fill in allowing them to access your account and see what's going on.

No response from the mods yet.

Needless to say, whatever the lass did in the Vodaphone shop didn't work, more than 24 hours have elapsed and I still can't get MMS to work.

Really frustrating that such a simple thing, that clearly affects many new Vodaphone customers, can't be sorted out more easily. I'd be willingly to bet that many folks simple give up and take their custom elsewhere.

Any mods reading this ?

I'd be grateful for some help here.

Richard

I am having the same problem as this user, but the mods seem to be ignoring me. I've tried taking the phone into a local Vodafone store, they attempted to remove MMS barring from my account but it hasn't worked. Please help !

Quote:

Been unable to send or receive MMS from the start (have sufficient credit) - receive "Service not activated on network" & "Server response error" every time.

Tried texting WEB to 40127 & installing config settings (I can access the internet)

Called the help desk and set up the APN from their instructions, also tried resetting APN to default

Asked in nearest Vodafone shop, and they couldn't see any MMS bar on my service

People with the same problem seem to be finding some joy on here, so please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too also have a problem. Please help!