Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Gear watch

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

Thank you Vodafone for not giving me the Gear watch

I just fell out of my seven day cool off and you roll out the FREE Gear watch oh and 6 months free of Netflix

11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion

From what I've heard, they've had trouble shifting them, which is why they've been bundled.  If you wrote a nice letetr to Samsung saying how much you like the phone and how disappointed you were not to have a watch as it's something you really wanted because it fits in with your lifestyle, they might even send you one.  My daughter does things like that and gets an amazing amount of stuff!

Northern-dj

Cheers will give it a Go, But the atitude of vodafone was at first discusting

but that member of staff is now going to have a bad day after he tried to remove info on the call

Thankfully it was recorded, i wasn't after a Freebie as i no through the contract i will be paying for the watch as nothing is for Free from Vodafone, But if there was any way to sort this.

I no that there isn't as out of the seven day cool off
And thankfully i got a manager that Looked into this and explained in English why

But clearly there are staff at Vodafone that behave in a inapropiate manner this does not pramote Vodafone in a Good way

*** Updat Samsung have said this is a Vodafone only package ***

So Vodafone say its a Samsung offer and Samsung say its a Vodafone 

which ever way the deal is good and well worth it

but i feel duped as Vodafone would of known about this deal as its clearly been well planned and well put together

I Totally agree, i wish i had of stuck with my original plan now to ditch Vodafone I would of been a proud owner of a Galaxy Tab 3 now and 6 months half price.  The trouble is with Vodafone they offer you all this stuff tell you how imprtant you are VIP 20 years with us an all that BULL then treat you dirt when you stay with them. Bah Rant over might try my Luck with samsung , I have their tv, fridge laptop, phone, tablet camera now gimme a WATCH you corporate whores lol

hrym

@Northern-dj, my daughter says Twitter is usually a better bet than emailing :smileywink:

Northern-dj

Well i had a good chat with a Director and he said that they have no spare but i was on a better plan any how

i have emailed Samsung but don't hold much hope

I have had a play with both  and the Gear fit looks better, but they all lac one thing or another

But as a smart ish watch its not bad and well worth grabbing on the Plan there offering as they won't be round for long

In my experience, don't bother with any smart watch, they are just a gimmick, they only basically give you notifications and to use it and its 'features' with your phone the two devices need to be within a few meters of each other for it to work and both turned on so you have to have your phone pretty close anyway. As for lifestyle,  I don't need a smartwatch, I've already got a life!

hrym

@froggerty wrote:

In my experience, don't bother with any smart watch, they are just a gimmick, they only basically give you notifications and to use it and its 'features' with your phone the two devices need to be within a few meters of each other for it to work and both turned on so you have to have your phone pretty close anyway. As for lifestyle,  I don't need a smartwatch, I've already got a life!

:smileylol:

As I said, they do seem to be having trouble shifting them.  I suspect the prices are still too high andm as someone else said, I have a phone that I use to tell the time!

froggerty

Your smartwatch bleeps, you look at it and it says 'you have one message, go to your phone to read', your phone bleeps, you pick it up and it's showing you have a message, so you open your messages and read it off the phone. So what's the point of the watch if you still need to look on your phone? The way they are advertised and promoted you'd think that it was an essential bit of kit to compliment your phone and expand it's functions but in reality it's nothing near, if I want to monitor my heart rate after a run I'll put two fingers on my wrist and look at my proper watch and my body will tell me if I'm feeling poorly, I don't need a gimmicky little box on a rubber wrist band to tell me that! You can probably guess that I hate them.

Northern-dj
Smart watches have always had this issue
To me they need to work as a stand alone and not need a phone
The whole idea came from the nano which was never a Smartwatch but a mp3 player
Now as we speak Samsung has broth out yet another for the Google life system but this does show messages and you can reply back they are handy to have if you need a text eg in a meating time will tell