Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 3 sky sports issue

mrlavalava
4: Newbie

I have opted for the sky sports pack on my new contract but the app won't let me set it up. It keeps saying I need to turn off my wifi and use 3g/4G to set it up. I have done this but I keep getting the same error message come up. I've reinstalled and this has made no difference. Having read up on this it would appear to be a previous issue. However having followed previous advice, I have verified my account online with Sky and this seems to have made no difference 

I have telephoned the Vodafone helpline. I took 45 minutes to be advised this wasn’t a Vodafone issue and Sky will be contacting me? I have waited nearly a week and have had no phone call.

Help 😞

55 REPLIES 55

virago03
2: Seeker
Hi I bought phone from Vodafone specialy no mention of problems spent 1 and half hours online/and phone to Vodafone yesterday and have now been escalated to level 3 what ever that means an not happy paying for a service that doesn't work !!!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The links you have posted mirror your earlier comments. However these are directly opposed to your colleagues statements which categorically state it does work with the Note 3. (James for the tech team).

So where do I stand? It seems even the team can't agree!!

The sky "deal" was offered as a promotion by Vodafone to act as an inducement to purchase the phone and package. Furthermore I have received various marketing messages encouraging me to take up my subscription.

All feels a bit of a shambles...

And low and behold the next post shows it can work....

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!:smileymad:

So the app worked fine for less than 48 hours and now says "Unfortunately sky sports mobile tv has stopped working"

So, back to the drawing board. Still no word from vodafone....again....getting really fed up now. Was told my subscription was on hold until the day it started working and the problem would be resolved so i would still get my full subscription time......i hope vodafone will hold to that promise....but now it's stopped working again!!!

So frustrated!! 

tonytango
13: Advanced Member

i have a note 3 and the app was working until i installed kitkat 4.4.2 then i got a message saying that this app is not compatably with my phone so i uninstalled it,now today it is compatably so i downloaded it and now i get a message saying (you have already registered a device for sky sports mobile tv.please contact sky customer support to change the device you wish to use with this service.)now i am going to contact sky i will keep you updated on how i get on.

blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year

tonytango
13: Advanced Member

well the news from sky looks good they are working on a update for there app the man said it will be released withing the next week so lets hope it will work then.

blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year

AZB86
I don't know if this will help anyone else but after having no luck or response from vodafone i looked on a sky forum and somebody suggested this and it is now working for me.
Uninstall app
Restart phone
Switch wifi off and data on
Re-install app through data not wifi
Set up a new sky id (even though i have an existing one i set up a new one just for this)
Go on to a computer/laptop and sign into sky using new sky id
Go back onto app and mine is now streaming fine, can turn data off and stream through wifi.
Hope this makes sense....but after all this time this is the only thing that worked....obviously some sort of loop i needed to go through to get it. Hope this helps others!
🙂

virago03
Hope that is right !

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AZB86

It's a shame it's stopped working. We'll be in touch via email shortly.

mrlavalava - As you'll see on this forum there are people using the app without any issues on the Note 3. It might be a case of waiting for an update from Sky as suggested by tonytongo.

Thanks

sukhi

Hi chaps...

Any news? it's still not working :smileysad:

Hi mrlavalava,

So we can get this chased, please reply to the last email we sent to you with the requested information.

Once we have this, we’ll be able to get it escalated.

James