Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 7. Exploding batteries.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

After receiving rave reviews it is one of the most eagerly anticipated smartphones of all time but if you haven’t already pre ordered a Note 7, you may have to wait a little bit longer before you can get your hands on one.
According to a report in Reuters there are some major issues with Galaxy Note 7, resulting in Samsung delaying shipments of the device in order to carry out additional quality and safety tests.
Following its official launch in August, reports in South Korean media claim that some owners of have complained the battery on their Galaxy Note 7 has exploded.

Credit. ThaiRath 

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Really not good.  You'd think they'd learn from all the battery issues that they had with the S5 and put decent quality batteries into the S7 so that this sort of think doesn't happen....

PWIAC

kids

@drey_p You would have though so especially with a device at this cost.

Just another example of cutting corners to maximise profits.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Good evening @kids and @drey_p

I just thought I'd share the statement that we've posted in the announcement section.  We'll update that page as soon as we have more news :smileyhappy:

Many thanks, 

Phil

drey_p

Thanks for the update @phil.  It would have been nice if Samsung got the batteries right and it didn't end up being a repeat of the S5. 

PWIAC

I'm guessing this is an issue related to rogue USB C chargers, unlike Micro USB which is limited with the power it can deliver, USB C can deliver significantly higher voltages to a phone if a rogue charger is used, and this can inevitably cause units to explode.

Tochi