Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S10 - WiFi Calling/RCS?

SlinkyWizard
4: Newbie

Hi,

Got my S10 today and I can't find the Wi-Fi Calling option in the phone app settings menu. Also, when you try to enable Advanced Chat Features (RCS) in Google Messages it fails with an error along the lines of 'Excuse the wait...'

This all worked fine on my S8, so I'm guessing it's just due to the S10 being so new Vodafone haven't either enabled in the software, or updated the network RCS profiles to support the S10/S10+ yet? Support in India didn't have a clue about how to fix it...

Any help/update appreciated,

James

58 REPLIES 58

After installing the new update I can now recieve RCS messages but still no WiFi calling

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ashall3n @MrC85 I'm sorry you both can't see Wi-Fi Calling as an option on your devices, I understand how frustrating this must be. What phone are you both currently using at the moment? Have you checked if you're both eligible to add this at no extra charge? You can do this on our website here

Galaxy s10+, yes it's an option on my red tariff.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ashall3n As the device you're using is eligible for Wi-Fi Calling and this isn't showing as an option on your handset, we'll need to take a closer look into this. As it's possible this is account related, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Contacted them and after awhile explaining it all they refreshed the connection and it appeared as an option and is now working.

Thanks

I did a restore from my S8 when I received my S10 WiFi calling was working. Unfortunately the only way to set a phone up as I should have learnt by now is a good old factory fresh start.

So WiFi calling is enabled you just have to pester support . This has happened to my S6, S8 and now S10 don't take any rubbish that it is still in testing. It is when you upgrade or get a new phone Vodafone melts with any slight change.

Hi there. Can you please tell me if you now have wifi calling on your S10? I'm at my wit's end with Vodafone support not knowing how to help me. Many thanks and my apologies if the question has been answered. C

Hello, 

Just like others here, I've got the same problem with WiFi Calling not being in the menu or any options on the Samsung S10+.

I received my Galaxy S10 Plus on Saturday, installed the latest Android updates and Google Play Apps too. I've double checked that I have WiFi Calling active on my account/plan. It's switched on!

Followed step by step how to turn it on in the phone settings, but there is no option to switch it on anywhere in the menus as others have said.

Just to confirm, I'm connected to Wifi, then I tap Phone > Three dots > Settings. There is no option to enable WiFi Calling.

I called 191 and the lady at Support confirmed WiFi Calling was on and it was working and she asked me to text "CALLING" to 97888. I received a reply saying it would take 24 hours and I would get text to confirm setup. I haven't received the second message.

I've called 191 again and referred them to this thread and I need an OTA update... I was told everything was fine! I tried Twitter DM. Still waiting for reply.

I'm really struggling with this, I live semi-rurally and signal is very hit and miss. So WiFi Calling is a real lifeline as I work from home a lot.

Please could someone send/force the update. I had it working perfectly on the S7.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for our delay in replying to your post @bill_gunn, did one of my team reply to your post on Twitter? If not, pop us another direct message with your full name, mobile number and a link to this thread and we'll make sure this is picked up for you!

Hello @Mark 

Thanks very much for getting back to me, I know these things can take time.

Yes, thank you, I spoke to a couple of guys over on Twitter, Cam got in touch this morning and sent my phone the settings for WiFi Calling. It's all sorted, up and running again! 😁😁

Now I have WiFi Calling option in the Phone settings and the icon is back on the home screen too.

Just out of interest, do you know what that little number is next to the WiFi Calling icon? There's a little 2 displaying. I'm guessing it's because I've put the SIM card in the second slot? I'm waiting for Micro SD to be delivered to boost the S10+ storage.

Thanks again, now I can make and receive calls here and while I'm working away in Deepest darkest Wales, notorious for no coverage on any network.