Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S10 - WiFi Calling/RCS?

SlinkyWizard
4: Newbie

Hi,

Got my S10 today and I can't find the Wi-Fi Calling option in the phone app settings menu. Also, when you try to enable Advanced Chat Features (RCS) in Google Messages it fails with an error along the lines of 'Excuse the wait...'

This all worked fine on my S8, so I'm guessing it's just due to the S10 being so new Vodafone haven't either enabled in the software, or updated the network RCS profiles to support the S10/S10+ yet? Support in India didn't have a clue about how to fix it...

Any help/update appreciated,

James

58 REPLIES 58

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Craigbruun I'm sorry that you're also having issues, we're all ears to help anyone who's having issues getting Wi-Fi Calling set up. As it requires account access, please send us your full name and mobile number via DM to either:

- Facebook Vodafone UK

- Twitter @VodafoneUK

If you're unable to send your details through Social Media, we'll be able to help you via Live Chat too.

I have the same problem. No wifi calling on S10+. I can currently not make any calls from my home. Can someone please help urgently

Same issue here.

Have been with Vodafone for over 10 years on various phone contracts, so for a change (and to hopefully save a bit of money) decided to buy a phone outright (S10 Plus) and everything works - except WiFi Calling.

It's now listed on Vodafone site as compatible, doesn't mention that it has to be bought from Vodafone.

Have tried removing WiFi Calling from my account and re-adding, several times now - I never get the 2nd confirmation text which could be the issue (so the phone doesn't recevie the settings.) Spent 2 hours on Chat yesterday, various things tried including trying to push the settings, or so I was told anyway.

@stu2019. I am at my wits end with this run-around. Vodafone support keeps going on about accessing accounts and enabling wifi calling like we don't know what we're doing. 

As I said in an earlier reply to Josh above; I believe that ALL of us who are contributing to this thread HAVE already been in contact with Vodafone numerous times. I for one have been into my account and enabled wifi calling, (worked perfectly for two years on my S7edge without any problems) The problem is not that we're not tech-savvy enough to sort it out ourselves. The problem lies with the handsets released by Vodaphone.  I have even been into the store and they accessed my account in front of me to see if I had wifi calling enabled, and I did. The phone does NOT have the facility to switch to wifi calling. That is the problem! It seems that the same S10 phones from other suppliers do not have this issue.

I have also been in touch with Vodafone and they cannot solve the problem. I now have a new s10+ and cannot make any calls from my home due to the lack of wifi calling. My old note3 had no issues. If Vodafone cannot sort this problem I will return the phone and switch supplier which i don't want to but doesn't like there is much choice. Can anyone from Vodafone please solve this problem?

This is a Vodafone issue in that since the s7 release they have had the same issues. Evidently they eventually resolve it. I am not sure why I stick with Vodafone their customer service is quite poor 

It certainly doesn't reflect well. I've just taken out a new contract at £48/month and to suffer technical issues that prevent me from making a call, which is fundamentally what I'm paying for, is very disappointing. I've just got back in touch with Vodafone who have escalated the problem to the "back office". I need to wait 24hrs for a call back...

I've just had someone contact me from social media team on Twitter so will see what happens

Hi Josh,

I believe that ALL of us who are contributing to this thread HAVE already been in contact with Vodafone numerous times. I for one have been into my account and enabled wifi calling, (worked perfectly for two years on my S7edge without any problems) The problem is not that we're not tech-savvy enough to sort it out ourselves. The problem lies with the handsets released by Vodaphone.  I have even been into the store and they accessed my account in front of me to see if I had wifi calling enabled, and I did. The phone does NOT have the facility to switch to wifi calling. That is the problem.

@Craigbruun wrote:

Hi there Josh, There's a list of people above with the exact same problem. Could you help us too? We've sent private messages as requested but nobody gets back to any of us.

Not entirely true that statement.

I responded to the PM with the code and information required I have not had a response or call regarding my issue

I went in to the Vodafone store and they could not even answer due to lack of technical knowledge. "It should just be on" 

Explaining this has happened everytime I get an upgrade with a look of "huh" from the person I was talking to