Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S10 - WiFi Calling/RCS?

SlinkyWizard
4: Newbie

Hi,

Got my S10 today and I can't find the Wi-Fi Calling option in the phone app settings menu. Also, when you try to enable Advanced Chat Features (RCS) in Google Messages it fails with an error along the lines of 'Excuse the wait...'

This all worked fine on my S8, so I'm guessing it's just due to the S10 being so new Vodafone haven't either enabled in the software, or updated the network RCS profiles to support the S10/S10+ yet? Support in India didn't have a clue about how to fix it...

Any help/update appreciated,

James

58 REPLIES 58

I sent a message via Twitter as requested and not had a reply 

Well 3 days to get a reply from the Twitter team and all they have done is switch it off and on in the account.

I was told leave it 24 hours before I switch it on in the phone, as the menu option isn't there that was great advice, too and bottom is that it still doesn't work

Someone needs to take ownership of this

Hi, mine is now working. When the automated customer service message asks what's the reason for your call just say "wifi calling". This generates an automated text message which you can ignore. Your request will get you straight through to technical services. Explain the option isn't on your menu and you have jumped through all the hoops and you want to escalate the problem to their "back office". They will send an update notification to your phone which sorts the problem - they say it can take up to 3 days. I called every day to chase and today they installed the update whilst I was on the phone and was told it could have been done without any delay. Basically I think some of the tech guys know what to and others aren't as knowledgable. If you call evert day you'll eventually get one who knows. Ask for a £10 credit for your trouble. 

Does this update install on the phone or is it a sim card/ account setting

If I factory reset the phone I wonder if it would disappear 

I think it's a phone update. Not sure what would happen if you reset the phone. Worst case scenario you'd have to call them again

Mine is now working rang last night said wifi calling and requested a call back, someone rang this morning told them the issue said no problem as it's a new phone I will enable it, put me on hold for 2 minutes and it's now working,

So some staff do know what to do

@aneelsuri wrote:

Hi, mine is now working. When the automated customer service message asks what's the reason for your call just say "wifi calling". This generates an automated text message which you can ignore. Your request will get you straight through to technical services. Explain the option isn't on your menu and you have jumped through all the hoops and you want to escalate the problem to their "back office". They will send an update notification to your phone which sorts the problem - they say it can take up to 3 days. I called every day to chase and today they installed the update whilst I was on the phone and was told it could have been done without any delay. Basically I think some of the tech guys know what to and others aren't as knowledgable. If you call evert day you'll eventually get one who knows. Ask for a £10 credit for your trouble. 

Mate I did this they called me back a couple of times them BAM turned off wifi then on again and it was available to select on quick settings and on phone settings. Thank you for the advice.

Jah bless brother :Ok_Hand:

So glad you guys are all sorted. Sadly, still, no luck with this for me so I give up! I do wish Vodafone customer service had a genuine appetite to help people. I've even sent them to this forum in an effort to prove there is a solution to the wifi calling problem. Useless!