main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Galaxy S6 - Texts to Shortcode numbers failing

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I got myself an S6 a few days ago (brand new) and i can't seem to send texts to so called 'shortcode' numbers (those consisting of 5 digits).

I first noticed this when Vodafone themselves text me to ask me some questions about my upgrade experience and the first reply failed and failed and failed again.

I've now noticed it with two or three other short numbers, but texts to normal lenght numbers send perfectly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion
Hi. If you log into your account you will be able to see if you have any bars in place on that type of message.

Failing that try live chat and they will look into it for you.
View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem. Vodafone says everything is ok their end and it must be a bar on my phone but I can't find any bars set on my text messages.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

If you have a premium rate SMS bar in place, that would be the cause.   I've had the same issue - the system thinks shortcodes are premium rate and blocks them, even if they aren't.

If the bar isn't in place, try setting it and then removing it after a few hours - toggling sometimes prompts correct operation.

If it still isn't working, post back here and the forum team will be able to take a look at your account.

View more options