Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 EDGE wifi calling, no option

Plasmaticfever
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded last week, i received the phone yesterday, brand new galaxy S7 edge. I have a pay monthly red value plan so i should have wifi calling enabled, and have been told by several advisors that i do have wifi calling and it IS enabled (from their end).

I've now spoken to 5 advisors, on phone and online, they all told me moreorless the same. They had "activated" it on their end....well how can you activate something more than once?

The PROBLEM is that there is no option in my phone to enable wifi calling, anywhere....ive restarted the damned thing 10 times now after being told "restart then go to settings...." sent the text saying "CALLING" to 97888 and received the reply. Its been over 24 hours since i recieved the reply from them, and still i have no option to enable it. Im at my wits end, somebody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the problems you're all currently having with Wi-Fi Calling. 

As far as we're aware at the moment, the next software update will push through a fix for this. As @DaneB advised, we've fed it back and will update the thread when we have any further information. 

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Plasmaticfever

Did you upgrade Directly with Vodafone or go through an independent?

What Android Firmware are you on ? Marshmallow or Nougat. 

Help link > https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I upgraded directly through vodafone online (through a chat advisor). 

It's android version 7.0.

The steps in that link ive seen a dozen times and they still dont help as the setting to even enable wifi calling is not present.

Cheers

Ok. 

In your online myvodafone have yiu looked to turn On the WiFi calling feature under Manage your extras > Manage minutes.

I have seen some previous posts where some have had hiccups with Nougat. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your replies, if i had to talk to another advisor following a script in broken english i think i'd throw the phone at a wall.

Wi-fi calling is enabled in the myvodafone->browse all extras  menu

It is switched on and says its available.

You're Welcome. 

From thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Wifi-Calling-gone-in-7-0-S7/td-p/2535549/page/3

"All I did was go into my settings online and turn off the WiFi calling feature under Manage your extras > Manage minutes.

Leave it overnight for the change to take effect and then turn it back on again the next day. After that the WiFi calling feaure showed up again in the phone settings."

The above troubleshooting tip may help you too. 

Current Phone  >

I've done as you suggested, and will post back in 24hrs to see if it worked.

Thanks for your help

You're welcome and fingers crossed.  :Smiling:

The Vodafone Team here catch up with posts as they read them all. If the suggestions don't help then yes please post back and I'm sure they'll help you further. 

Current Phone  >

It's been a while since i responded, but unfortnuately the suggested method did not work, still no trace of an option in any of the settings. :Sad_face:

@Plasmaticfever

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Once recieved, a member of the team will be happy to help.