Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 EDGE wifi calling, no option

Plasmaticfever
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded last week, i received the phone yesterday, brand new galaxy S7 edge. I have a pay monthly red value plan so i should have wifi calling enabled, and have been told by several advisors that i do have wifi calling and it IS enabled (from their end).

I've now spoken to 5 advisors, on phone and online, they all told me moreorless the same. They had "activated" it on their end....well how can you activate something more than once?

The PROBLEM is that there is no option in my phone to enable wifi calling, anywhere....ive restarted the damned thing 10 times now after being told "restart then go to settings...." sent the text saying "CALLING" to 97888 and received the reply. Its been over 24 hours since i recieved the reply from them, and still i have no option to enable it. Im at my wits end, somebody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the problems you're all currently having with Wi-Fi Calling. 

As far as we're aware at the moment, the next software update will push through a fix for this. As @DaneB advised, we've fed it back and will update the thread when we have any further information. 

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Send them back and go with EE

:robotmad:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pintosal So we can help with this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

iv got a s7 fully up to date from carphone warehouse  and i also have no wifi calling option spoken to vadafone tech team who couldnt help set it up even tho its active on my account still can't  find the option on my phone to turn it on and i dont have the money to buy a sure signal box to boost the poor signal in my area any help much appreciated tried many ways explained but none worked

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xeno - Please follow our Wi-Fi calling set up guide for your phone.

If after following these steps it’s still not there, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I just found the option hidden away in Settings > Apps. Then choose the three dots and "show system apps". Then I saw "Phone" appear in the list of Apps, which isn't there by default. There were three of them though. The one with the biggest size (~500kb) had a submenu with the wifi calling option in. Turned it on and sent the text CALLING to 97888 as directed on the official guidelines. Got a message back saying I'll get another text when it's all set up. Fingers crossed.

awesome thank you iv just found it n will give it a try also

Hi

Does anyone know the magic words you need to say to Vodafone to gurantee to get the WiFi calling option to appear?

I first activated WiFi calling on my account almost 1 year ago, but have never, not once, seen the WiFi Calling option in the Phone settings.

I have been to the instructions on the Vodafone Web Site: http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling..., but of course cannot complete as there is no Wi-Fi calling opiton to turn on.

I have checked WiFi calling is activated in my account - it is.

I have disabled it and re-enabled it. I have sent CALLING to 97888 multiple times

I have tried new APN settings - it made no difference

I have used the on-line chat numerous times. Each time i tell them it IS activated on  my account, I am on the latest s/w, I have follewed the instrcutions on the web site, ... But it stil takes them 30-60 minutes to go through  the script: Please check you are on the latest s/w. Please text CALLING to ... Please go to Phone...Setttings and enable WiFi Calling,... I am then told Galaxy S7 Edge does not support this feature, despite protestation that the Vodafone Web site specifically gives instructions for this model, that there are manay posts in this forum (which i know is not run by them, but i know is seen by people from Vodafone on occasion), That the problem is with Samsung and i must contact them (No, my contract is with Vodafone, the device supplied by Vodafone, and under UK consumer law it is Vodafone who has the responsibility, not Samsung).

I have been into the local Vodafone shop. "Well if it is enabled on your account there is nothiing i can do. I can sell you a Sure Signal box if it is that important to you" was the type of response i got. So you want me to pay again for a service i am already paying for!

Vodafone signal at my hose hsa steadily got worse over the last 18-24 months, and is now almost unsuable, which is why i now want this to work. it has not been too important before, but now i find i get disconnected 50% (or more) of the time. "Let me just check the signal coverage on our web sitte sir" is the usual response.  I really do not care what the web site says (which is that i will receive excellent coverage), when the reality is that i do not get a good signal.

i know from previosu issues this year (Spotify, Conf Calling to name but two), that it takes many, many attempts to resolve an issue(over 50 different calls, chats, visits and over 3 months to sort Conf Calling), and that you need to say the right magic words, and be lucky neough to get to speak to someone who a) actually listens and b) actually understands, but please, if anyone can help me with what to tell these people to resolve this issue it would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Did you read my post above?

Charles, Yes, thank you, i did. 

But using the way you desribe to get to the menu appears only another way to get to the same menu i get to if i pick "Phone...Settings" At least that is what it looks like on my phone - using either route brings me to the Call/Phone Settings with no WiFi calling options anywhere :Sad_face:

I also forgot to say, it is a Vodafone specific phone, purchased driect from Vodafone (not through CPW or anyone else), and has the official Vodafone s/w on it, it is not (and never has been) rooted or had non Vodafone builds.

spent probably 3-4 hours on this and another issue ("Bill My Vodafone" refuses to work) today. 2-3 different web chats, 2-3 calls with customer support and one visit to Samsung store to see tech support

Vodafone are saying nothing to do with them, all is fine on their side, it is a handset issue and i am to deal with Samsung. Samsung say it is nothing to do with them it is a Vodafone issue. I say i am sick of the whole thing!

I am sure there is something fundamentally worng with my account on vodafones system(s):

1. Setting up Spotify took multiple calls. each time it was "everything is ok on our side, it must be your handset", then finaly someone does the irght thing and it gets sorted (took 10+ calls and a couple of weeks)
  2. Settiing up Conf Calls took over 50 calls/visits,/web chats and about 3 months. each time it was "everything looks ok on our side, it must be your handset". Again, once someone pushed the right buttons in the right sequence it got sorted
  3. WiFi calling has so far taken about 10 calls, with the now familiar "All is fine our side, it must be your handset" song being sung
  4. Bill My Vodafone has taken about 5-6 calls/chats so far. Vodafone are once again on the "Everything is fine our side, guess what sir - it's your handset" Really! For Billing on Google PlayStore! And you expect me to believe my hadset is the one rejecting the payment!

Absolutely unbelieve how poor Vodafone's customer services are