Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 EDGE wifi calling, no option

Plasmaticfever
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded last week, i received the phone yesterday, brand new galaxy S7 edge. I have a pay monthly red value plan so i should have wifi calling enabled, and have been told by several advisors that i do have wifi calling and it IS enabled (from their end).

I've now spoken to 5 advisors, on phone and online, they all told me moreorless the same. They had "activated" it on their end....well how can you activate something more than once?

The PROBLEM is that there is no option in my phone to enable wifi calling, anywhere....ive restarted the damned thing 10 times now after being told "restart then go to settings...." sent the text saying "CALLING" to 97888 and received the reply. Its been over 24 hours since i recieved the reply from them, and still i have no option to enable it. Im at my wits end, somebody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the problems you're all currently having with Wi-Fi Calling. 

As far as we're aware at the moment, the next software update will push through a fix for this. As @DaneB advised, we've fed it back and will update the thread when we have any further information. 

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting back in touch @Craig26576, please continue to keep us updated and let us know if you manage to get everything up and running.

If not, get in touch via the private message that @Mark sent out to you;  I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone has done anything, but I am happy to say that Call+ and Message+ Enriched calling is now working on my phone, I am not sure if this is an alternative to the wifi calling option which the instructions mention.

A seperate app is required from the play store, which I am not too bothered about.

The main thing is I am working with WiFi and 4G calling now so I am happy again :Smiling:

Regards

Craig

@Craig, I don't understand? Activating Airplane Mode disables WiFi, so how does that work?

Response removed, life is too short!

I did ask what needs to be done, but never got an precise answer, sorry. I want to find out myself, as i have to get this sorted on my wifes phone now - but really cannot face the hassle of having to go through tis again - another 10/12/more hours wasted potebtially.

In the end Vodafone did something their side which resolved it. exactly what was done was never discolsed, but it involvved sending some settings. What settings i have no idea. I was told i would receieve a text message with the settings, but i never did. However, the WiFi calling option suddenly appeared (having been absent for the last 12 months since i activated the option on my account.

When i asked exactly what had been done, as i now need to do the same with my wifes phone, Vodafone denied sending me any settings and said i had entered the correct settings myself!!! No, I had not, i had not changed any settings, or entered any settings

I found the whole process very exasperating, and followed the typical Vodafone patern for support: namely it required 10 or more chats/phone calls/visits (record is over 50 so far, in respect of a different problem), Vodafone representatives misrepresent the information - e.g. "It is the handset", "it is a Samsung problem", .... all of wihch are later found to be incorrect.

If i do manage to find out exactly what needs to be done when i sort my wifes phone out i will let you know - but i am nopt holding out much hope

It would seem I am facing the same situation, exact same phone, exact same symptoms and situations.

Please could I get these settings which enable wifi calling also?

Hi,

I had the same problem for about 1 year on my s7. I got it fixed today! It seems that the update wipes the wifi calling from the phone and Vodafone do not issue a refresh. What I did was as follows:

1. Go to My Vodafone and remove the wifi calling option.

2. Wait 24 hours (or until the option is no longer showing on My Vodafone).

3. Send text message: CALLING to 97888.

4. When you get the message that wifi calling is enabled, the option should now be on your phone.

I see that you appear to have tried this but maybe you did not wait long enough for the option to be removed from your account? Sending CALLING to 97888 does nothing if the option has not been properly de-activated. Btw, I have red bundle on CPW s7 phone. Moderator comments about needing a phone supplied by Vodafone are incorrect. I was also referred to Samsung by the Vodafone chat line when clearly this is an issue for the network provider!

Hope this helps.

I echo the frustration in this stream. I moved to Vodafone after two separate assurances that WiFi Calling would work on my S7 Edge despite it being an Australian Samsung and having been flashed to O2 firmware (SamMobile and Odin) but I was advised to put it back to UK standard (BTU), and did so.

I have spent hours on the phone to agents of varying skill and have had some call back and others fail to ever get back as promised.  Each time I end up repeating the same sort of steps and going through the same script. I even went into a shop to see if they could get a better result ... they got tech on chat and went through the same stuff and tech promised to look into it and get back to me in 24 hrs ..... they did not!

The story so far:

• The options do not, and never have, shown up in either: Settings>Connections>More Connection Settings or in Phone (three dots) Settings>More Settings
  • Plan corrected to a higher cost plan to one that allowed WiFi calling .. the sales person and 3 techies missed this issue!
  • The phone has been re-booted (many many times!)
  • One Vodafone support peson blamed Samsung and put me on to them ... they categorically said it was a Vodafone issue
  • Online account switch has been activated
  • SMS has been sent to activate
  • APN has been entered as shown on this site
  • Software is up-to-date (see below) ... with a small patch arriving today when I manually did an update check.

I am now on a more expensive plan than I need with many hours invested in trying to make this work. I am not spending more money on SureSignal as this will only give me a small signal footprint. Frankly I am not happy!  Any ideas on the magic fix for this?

😞

Base Software installed

ModelSM-G935F
Model nameGalaxy S7 edge
Country
United Kingdom (BTU)
VersionAndroid 7.0

Build dateTue, 17 Oct 2017 05:28:35 +0000
Security Patch Level2017-10-01

PDAG935FXXU1DQJ3
CSCG935FOXA1DQJ3

Patched 11/1/18

Baseband: G935FXXU1DQIL

Kernel:  3.18.14-12365438 Thu Dec 14 2017

Build: NRD90M. G935FXXS1DQLC

Security Patch: 1 Dec 17

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PACPhone To check your eligibility for Wi-Fi calling please text CALLING free to 97888.
As you say you've already done this, could you please send us over an image of the text reply you get back?
Once we receive this, we'll be able to advise you further :Smiling:

Screenshot_20180112-191146.png

Slightly done that before 🙂

.. and no promised call-back from my call a few days ago.