Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 EDGE wifi calling, no option

Plasmaticfever
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded last week, i received the phone yesterday, brand new galaxy S7 edge. I have a pay monthly red value plan so i should have wifi calling enabled, and have been told by several advisors that i do have wifi calling and it IS enabled (from their end).

I've now spoken to 5 advisors, on phone and online, they all told me moreorless the same. They had "activated" it on their end....well how can you activate something more than once?

The PROBLEM is that there is no option in my phone to enable wifi calling, anywhere....ive restarted the damned thing 10 times now after being told "restart then go to settings...." sent the text saying "CALLING" to 97888 and received the reply. Its been over 24 hours since i recieved the reply from them, and still i have no option to enable it. Im at my wits end, somebody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the problems you're all currently having with Wi-Fi Calling. 

As far as we're aware at the moment, the next software update will push through a fix for this. As @DaneB advised, we've fed it back and will update the thread when we have any further information. 

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

I have exactly the same problem .Talked to Voda tech help and tried all the solutions in this thread but still no WiFi Calling option on my S7 Edge unlocked .

Two years and still no solution from Vodafone, even though the Voda website continues to say WiFi calling works with all versions of S7 Edge .

Come on Vodafone...is there a solution or not .If not change your website and stop deceiving customers. 

I have exactly the same problem .Talked to Voda tech help and tried all the solutions in this thread but still no WiFi Calling option on my S7 Edge unlocked .

Two years and still no solution from Vodafone, even though the Voda website continues to say WiFi calling works with all versions of S7 Edge .

Come on Vodafone...is there a solution or not .If not change your website and stop deceiving customers. 

I have it in writing from Vodafone Tech that it doesn't work on all S7s.

Essentially, you need the generic firmware installed. I bought the phone on Amazon as an unlocked phone but it didn't have the generic firmware on it. Flashing is the only option but risky so I decided to live without it.

Ironically, I moved from O2 because they were upfront about it.

Vodafone did offer to release me from my contract but decided to stay in the end.

Thanks for that. But what do they mean by generic firmware. My S7 Edge is sim free, unlocked. Isn’t that generic? 

If anyone's still interested, I've now solved this for the S7 and the S8 and I think it works with other phones as well.

To get the Settings option for WiFi calling....install Nova launcher and activate it. 

Go to Widgets > Nova Activities  

Scroll down to Settings

Scroll down to WiFi Calling and select

It should put an icon on your home screen to switch WiFi calling on and off. With me on the S7 and S8, it also activated the proper setting in Settings and gave me a WiFi Calling icon on the Quick Start pull-down.

You can then return to your normal launcher if you're not using Nova perminentaly. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks I ve tried this, but the wifi calling constantly defaults to off. Any suggestions?

No suggestions I'm afraid :Sad_face: It worked for me on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, S8 Plus and an Honor 8X.

I've just tried it also and have the same problem. Just keeps going back to Off. 

Probably a silly question, but have you got WiFi Calling enabled on your Voda account? 

This is the screen I get when using the Nova setting.Screenshot_20181119-173516_Settings.jpg